New Song By Attila Voros

buzz21

Medicated
May 4, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.mpp.org
Has anybody had a chance to check this out? It's not a fully finished and mastered track, but it has some cool stuff and it's pretty apparent that he has been influenced quite a bit by Jeff. I hope Attila gets a chance to stay onboard with WD in NM and/or Sanctuary - he's got skills and seems to have made a good impression on most of us.

http://soundcloud.com/attila-v-r-s/fxa-01

Can he mimic Jeff? Almost, but not quite.

Is he technically proficient? Yes. Does his music have soul? Nope. Despite what everyone says, Jeff's music has soul while at the same time being very technically proficient.

If Atilla wants to create music with Nevermore, he's gonna have to stop trying so hard to be Jeff and put more of his soul into it. Also, I don't believe he has the compositional skills to be an effective lead. The solos were quite boring.

Lololololol one little demo of something he threw together and you're saying it has no soul and has poor writing skillz and comparing him to jeff.

Shutup.

Decent demo uploaded on teh intarwebs. Sounds good to me, would've done himself a favor by not making the drums so prominent though.

That is badass! Love those riffz. If you are interested in what other stuff Attila has wrote, check out his other band Leander.

Attila's stuff IS awesome! I would be quite happy to see him step into Jeff's shoes, I think he's more than competent. Rather than see someone else come in, I'd rather Attila get the gig and then get another second guitarist to replace Attila. I want Nevermore to sound like Nevermore, that's why I would like Attila to get the lead. In an ideal world though Jeff wouldn't have left in the first place (or Van)!

Hopefully, we will get some news soon on what's happening and everyones future plans. I really want to know if Bloodstock is a go!!?? :)

Oh fuck off..... for fucks sake he puts up a rough demo of some ideas and the micro analyzers fly out of the woodwork. Some of you twats are worse than opeth fans.

There is some cool direction in that piece.

Oh fuck off..... for fucks sake he puts up a rough demo of some ideas and the micro analyzers fly out of the woodwork. Some of you twats are worse than opeth fans.

There is some cool direction in that piece.

A rough demo is still a showing of songwriting, and I'm familiar with his other works.

You calling me a twat and telling me to fuck off is pretty childish, also. Don't get your panties in a wad because I think he is a poor songwriter. How old are you, anyway?

You know what I do when someone insults my hero Vortex? I laugh.

I have never understood the idea of "heart" in music as an objective concept. How do you know how much heart the music has? unless you watched Attila write the song and you know for a fact that he wasn't putting in any effort, then you have no idea how much "heart" the music contains. Or is heart totally separate from the process of creation? If that's true, how can an artist even know whether a song has heart at all?

Personally I enjoyed this.

It sounds like he simply wrote the song with the intent of sounding as close to Jeff Loomis as possible. That's how I can say it has no heart. It's hardly original and really boring.

I have never understood the idea of "heart" in music as an objective concept. How do you know how much heart the music has? unless you watched Attila write the song and you know for a fact that he wasn't putting in any effort, then you have no idea how much "heart" the music contains. Or is heart totally separate from the process of creation? If that's true, how can an artist even know whether a song has heart at all?

Personally I enjoyed this.

Heart is something that moves you. It can give chills, even make you tear up. Or like POE, the heart in that album inspired rage and hopelessness. No More Will? The heart in that was apathy.

Take The Termination Proclamation for example. Soulless. Robotic. Now compare that to And The Maiden Spoke.