New song F A I L for download !!

:OMG: Oh My God!!!!!!! Simply blown away.... :headbang: Thanks a lot Evergey, for this and all the other songs on the new album! Can't wait anymore for it...

Keep up the creativity for many more albums to come :)

Very promising. I like the song, but there's one thing that kind of destroys it for me: the production. Honestly, and I'm sad to say this, but this is probably the worst sounding Evergrey production this far. :cry:

However, it's very nice to get one track for free! Thank you! I will obviously buy the album no matter what I think of the production.

Very promising. I like the song, but there's one thing that kind of destroys it for me: the production. Honestly, and I'm sad to say this, but this is probably the worst sounding Evergrey production this far. :cry:

However, it's very nice to get one track for free! Thank you! I will obviously buy the album no matter what I think of the production.
yep, it really is worrying

I don't think the production is THAT bad. Although I listened to In search of... right after Fail, and I must say there's a big difference.

On my d-jays... fail sounds alright. On my sennheiser HD595... fail sounds amazing.

First, I would like to say that "Fail" is a fuckin' amazing + very very great song. I'm eager to listen to "Torn" album and I think it is gonna be the greatest Evergrey album ever. The production is definitly outstanding and aggressive. I fuckin' love it. I maybe watched the trailers 100 times each and I can't wait for the new album. Evergrey is badass and brilliant. Thank you Tom and also all the other Evergrey members!

cheers!

Fucking AWESOME song! I really dont agree with those who say that it has a bad production! i think it sounds damn great! And it seems that the forum has got quite some new members as well lately. Cant wait to sit down and listen to the whole album while reading lyrics and singing along!

I'm one of the newbies! :kickass:

Amazing what a simple song can accomplish... well it's not simple... it's AMAZING!

I actually enjoy the intro the best, especially when the guitar enter.. that riff is just so cooool. Then Tom starts singing and my joy is over... :loco: nah... it's just more joy.

That Song sounds very awesome, especially the ending with this two great solos... perfect, this melody in the beginning of the solo is so perfect...

Thank you very much guys!!! You are a very special band!!! not like the Metallica-billionaires that are taking money from their fans for listening and watching trailers and even downloading ringtones!!!!

And about the production:
Wait until you listen to the album on your cd-player... the quality is always better on the cd than on the internet...

So, I have to bother my neighbors with your new song, now :)

Im disappointed.
the version of Fail was much better in the april trailer.

damn...
and that was why i brought the VIP package..

:err:

I still hold that it's a kickass track, but, yeah, the production is a bit hit-and-miss. The snare is low in the mix, and the cymbals sound a bit raw. The bass IS audible, in fact, it sits in well with the 7-stringers, but the drums should have been a bit bigger in the mix. I'm certain the other songs will sound better judging from the trailers, especially when we hear a bigger keyboard sound, which was lacking completely in MMA.

I agree with LordCthulu, the bass is nicely audible in my mediocre, aged speakers. I also thought the lead guitars could have been a little louder for some of the harmonies. They're audible, but need a bit more 'oomph' to bring them to the forefront and attention grab that little more.

Overall though, a cracking track, and more bait to keep me impatient for my VIP package. It's tricky trying to to listen to this track over and over, but I don't want to ruin it through overplaying