NEW SONG RELEASED today JULY 31/06

the whole thing where what when why OMG!?

I ACTUALLY LIKE STU BETTER THEN KRALL NOW! THIS SONG IS GODLY!

Something about his vocals, reminds me of dead or dreaming with lots of range.

does anyone have a problem with this song? meaning they can't stop listening once they start!? this song should be the 'PRINGLES" of Metal!

now these lyrics fuckign rule, what im getting from the chorus is

Seperate the Anguish, Seperate the ??? (Sphere) maybe? but wtf does that mean lol
Seperate from sadness, now i see things much to CLEAR

WOW. Thanks for sharing the tune. Really killer stuff. I like the new vocals a lot. Good job Stu. I was reading Tim's statement that the song didn't really even showcase what you do on the rest of the album (or something like that) so I'm really stoked to hear what direction you take on the tunes. Oh, and as always...AWESOME SHREDDING!!! Looking forward to the disc!!!

Every song on Buried in a oblivion is better than this song(because BIO is amazing). Why is he doing a blast beat during the chorus? lol sounds retarded. Hope the rest of the album is better.

Black Rain said:
Every song on Buried in a oblivion is better than this song(because BIO is amazing). Why is he doing a blast beat during the chorus? lol sounds retarded. Hope the rest of the album is better.

WE put a blastbeat in the chorus on purpose. The standard way would be to have a slower half time beat or a 4/4. This is exactly what we didn't want to do. I never hear clean singing over blastbeats. Later in the song a "normal" beat is used for the chorus. There are no rules in songwriting so tough luck!Ha..

,TIM

Hey guys great sounding song, Tim im glad you used my verses and my musical interlude after the first verse, i do hope you'll give credit where credit is due?
great job all around dudes..
Rob

timroth-intoeternity said:
WE put a blastbeat in the chorus on purpose. The standard way would be to have a slower half time beat or a 4/4. This is exactly what we didn't want to do. I never hear clean singing over blastbeats. Later in the song a "normal" beat is used for the chorus. There are no rules in songwriting so tough luck!Ha..

,TIM

If you want clean singing over blast beats listen to wintersun plus they're a great band. Oh and the song is pretty good, it's just I didn't think the blast beat idea worked to well at first but I guess it's alright after a while, had to get used to it. And remember, just because something is original does not make it good. I can fart in the microphone for an hour, nobody has done that and it would obviously be a train wreck to listen to.
see you guys sept 28th gigantour:headbang:

Black Rain said:
I can fart in the microphone for an hour, nobody has done that and it would obviously be a train wreck to listen to.
see you guys sept 28th gigantour:headbang:

Sounds like a challenge to me :heh:

You bring the mic - I'll bring the competition :lol:

the blast beats over clean singing is an idea i've had for a while. therefore your idea rules Tim. in fact i've seen a bunch of similarities with ideas i've worked with in IE, which is why I love the music. 3D Aperture is another good example of something similar to what i've written, but yeah. its like what i think of but 30 times better.

OK - just to clarify - it's actually not a blast. It's a deadly chicken (thank Tim for coining that term :lol: )

Difference being - in a blast - you hit the kick, snare and hats (whatever cymbal) at the same time.

A chicken beat (seems to be a western prarie provinces term) you hit the cymbal and kick at the same time then a snare to follow and repeat.

The deadly chicken is when you do the above - just really fast :headbang:

Sounds like a challenge to me

You bring the mic - I'll bring the competition

on sept 28th at nassu closiem just call out black rain on the mic and i'll come on stage bro