New song with my band "Hatecode" (please comment and rate)

hellraiser85

Sep 1, 2007
Spain
www.myspace.com
We've a new song called "The Future's Past". It has more contrast between melodic and guttural parts. It was recorded at home using my 5150 with impulses, programmed drums (bass was recorded with mi 5150 and ampeg 8x10 impulses). Please listen to the song and give me your opinion:

www.myspace.com/hatecode

Thanks!

Nice tunes man ¡¡¡ .
Im wonder what you use on drums, any details ? i can notice they sound great even in that myspace player
Guitars are killer no doubt

Thanks for your comments!

For drums I use samples that I founded in the FTP on this forum:

snare is a few samples calles "slysnare": I use a lot of compression and a good room reverb (I use Waves rVerb)
bassdrums is called faderhead_tama_starclassic_kick: I only decrease a bit the click (decrease arround 2500 Hz)
toms are the chimaira samples: the same thing that snare but with less reverb and compression

and hit hat and cymbals are form drumkit form hell (only use a bit room reverb)

Killer sound and nice songs!!! Could you share guitar and bass settings (you recorded bass through 5150!!!)? Also eq and compression settings? It sounds awesome even in myspace!!!!!

Thanks!

This is my settings:

guitar: lead channel

pre gain: 6
bass: 7
mids: 1
treble: 6

(As I recorded using impulses, post gain, ressonance and presence don't affect to the sound.)

maxon od808:
gain: 3
tone: 4,5
balance: 5

Bass: rithm channel

pre gain: 3
bass: 5
mids: 1
treble: 5
bright and crunch activated.

For guitars, I use hi pass filter at 80Hz and low pass filter at 10KHz, and decrease mid arround 450Hz (about - 3.5 dB). I use waves C4 with andy's setting.

For bass, only decrease mids arround 1 KHz.