New SP Vox Revealed-Cat is out of the bag!

Pabla

The Devil Wears Maiden
Apr 18, 2004
LA
Well, for those of you who haven't seen the new posting on Blabblermouth..they have already announced who the new vocalist for SP will be... of course this was going to be announced within the next week... but Blabblermouth strikes again :Smug:

Anyway... yes, it is Bruce Hall from Agent Steel!

Well... I think it's a very cool announcement! Bruce's vox fits in quite nicely w/the type of music SP writes.. what are your thoughts? :headbang:

No, I don't think is cool:

a) I don't like Agent Steel at all (at least what I heard) pretty average American power metal, so nothing that can help a band of SP caliber IMO.

b) I think Nadir did a GOOD job in "Beware", why he's out?

I know Steve has his reasons but...:erk:

Wyvern said:

a) I don't like Agent Steel at all (at least what I heard) pretty average American power metal, so nothing that can help a band of SP caliber IMO.

a) understood you don't like Agent Steel... but are you refering as far as "helping" SP to the vocals themselves or the way the music is written and lyric content.. because if it is music/lyrics that you are concerned about then no need to worry! SP will still write SP type music...

b) I think so too! :) The lyrics themselves in no way compare to any past works... but he has a good voice and the melody lines were pretty catchy

Wyvern said:

Hey Wyvern,
Well, I think you might like Bruce with Steel Prophet; he sings differently with us than Agent Steel. Actually, we have some songs that were on Beware that he demoed with us prior to Nadir joining, that we may make available on the new web site. It all depends though, as they were very crude demos.
About Nadir; I thought he did a great job on Beware also. The reasons we aren't working together in Steel Prophet are financial, management and directorial issues. I don't want to list them, but it was a mutual decision. I offered my services to Nadir in the future on any projects he may be starting up. We just didn't think it was working out for Steel Prophet together.

stevekachinsky said:
Hey Wyvern,
Well, I think you might like Bruce with Steel Prophet; he sings differently with us than Agent Steel.

You know I'll trust you on that one.

About Nadir; I thought he did a great job on Beware also. The reasons we aren't working together in Steel Prophet are financial, management and directorial issues.

Ouch, ouch and ouch. I guess we the outsiders forgot that a band is a business after all and sometimes partners have to part ways in order to keep the business running.

In anycase best of luck with Bruce and eagerly waiting for the new material. ;)

My congrats to Steve and the rest of Steel Prophet. I am looking very much forward to hearing the new album with Bruce.

I fact; I hope that Bruce would choose to sing for SP only because Agent Steel is a very inactive band. I really believe he would be much better of with SP!

I think it'll be a nice fit for the band. It'll give us SP fans something to look forward to....Vocals are always tough to choose, but I am sure he'll bring a good element to the band. Should be interesting!!!!!! Keep us posted Steve!

No need to worry kiddies...

Bruce is a bad ass mother fucker who will impress you guys beyond a shadow of a doubt.

No matter what... if Steve K is involved - it's gonna have the same level of quality that you have come to expect from SP!

Best of luck homie... can't wait to hear what you two come up with together.

SciKikMobster said:
No need to worry kiddies...

Bruce is a bad ass mother fucker who will impress you guys beyond a shadow of a doubt.

No matter what... if Steve K is involved - it's gonna have the same level of quality that you have come to expect from SP!

Best of luck homie... can't wait to hear what you two come up with together.
Cool, looks like you have a good band going on yourself, I'm not from the area, so I won't be able to check you out live, but, good post, I agree. Well giddyup then!!!

spdaughter35 said:
I think Bruce has good vox, and he's a little less...self-involved? than Nadir? I don't know the right wording, but yeah! I'm all for the vocal changes. :headbang: :D
Let's go for egotistical, and self asorbing, conceited as well!!! hee hee!!! That's just my impression and I don't even know the man! I'm hoping Bruce will be a good fit! high five Christine!

Papa Josh said:
All one had to do was watch the Metal Years during his London days to see that!

But I still liked his voice and would still like to at least see some good sound quality live footage to appease my own desires. :loco: Got any Steve?
True, true, and it would be interesting to see some footage......good to see you Papa Josh, I thought you were lost there!!!! Sheesh!

i don't get it, how come most of you don't like Bruce? the guy is a great singer! I know he's going to kick ass on the new Agent Steel album and the new Steel Prophet. damn...he's not blaze bayley.

Illuminati said:
i don't get it, how come most of you don't like Bruce? the guy is a great singer! I know he's going to kick ass on the new Agent Steel album and the new Steel Prophet. damn...he's not blaze bayley.

Personally, I don't think his voice has a lot of personality.

Nadir might not have been the PERFECT fit, but he had the attitude, and it was different. To be honest, I like Beware, I just don't care for the guitar sound that much....

If it was Steve's decision to have Bruce in the band, then he made a great decision. I know, you're just gonna have to wait to hear the new stuff...maybe you're opinions will change. at least I hope they will. :headbang: