New Stephen King- CELL

ThraxDude

Feb 2, 2002
Stephen King's new book comes out on Tuesday. :hotjump: This thread ain't old tits cause we all know Scott's a huge King fan.
Cell is about a man named Clayton who likes to do drawings.
It's also about cell phones turning people into crazy zombie-like creatures.:headbang:
I just read the first two chapters at Entertainment Weekly. I can't wait to read the rest!

ThraxDude said:
Stephen King's new book comes out on Tuesday. :hotjump: This thread ain't old tits cause we all know Scott's a huge King fan.
Cell is about a man named Clayton who likes to do drawings.
It's also about cell phones turning people into crazy zombie-like creatures.:headbang:
The King wrote a book about me? How cool.

is this one of his older unreleased books? Or did he keep writing after he "called it quits" almost 4 years ago? Either way, I'll check it out! I am on the last few pages of "The Dark Half" now. Always been a king fan.

This is maybe the old news but what did kick my ass was "The Long Walk" which has JUST been translated into Czech. One of the best King's books hands fucking down. I can't believe he wrote it in the late sixties.Fucking amazing. And the second one for this year - yesterday I finished Dean Koontz's "Odd Thomas" which was the first book ever to bring tears into my eyes.

This book is brand new. Steve might say he's retiring but he will never retire.

I might have to check out that Odd Thomas. I never really got into Dean Koontz because the 3 or 4 books I read by him were the same exact story with different characters.
Watchers= Intensity= Winter Moon. All of those stories have the same plot.
But Strange Highways (collection of Koontz's short stories) had some cool stories.

ThraxDude said:
This book is brand new. Steve might say he's retiring but he will never retire.

I might have to check out that Odd Thomas. I never really got into Dean Koontz because the 3 or 4 books I read by him were the same exact story with different characters.
Watchers= Intensity= Winter Moon. All of those stories have the same plot.
But Strange Highways (collection of Koontz's short stories) had some cool stories.

I read Strange Highways and liked it, then I think it was called Phantoms, which was, well, cool, but Odd Thomas kick all the previous asses.

You are right man, I finished the long walk about a month ago. pretty good. The only thing I didn't like about it, was that I knew who was going to win from the very begining - but - can't blame him there. All storys that have a hero are like that. Well... most.

Thrillho said:
You are right man, I finished the long walk about a month ago. pretty good. The only thing I didn't like about it, was that I knew who was going to win from the very begining - but - can't blame him there. All storys that have a hero are like that. Well... most.

I think the book was not supposed to have a big surprise in the end. It was about something else...

johnnieCzech said:
I read Strange Highways and liked it, then I think it was called Phantoms, which was, well, cool, but Odd Thomas kick all the previous asses.
I'll have to read Odd Thomas. But I've got a stack of books to read right now. (All of those books will have to wait though, since Cell comes out in 2 days!)
Scott suggested the Michael Connelly book The Poet to me a while back. It's awesome. Then a friend from work suggested I read every Michael Connelly book starting from the beginning. So I started that. bRaTpRiNcEsS is doing the same thing, specifically Connelly's 'Harry Bosh Novels'. She's way ahead of me.
Anyway, the point is. READ ALL 4 OF THESE MICHAEL CONNELLY BOOKS:
The Black Echo
The Black Ice
The Concrete Blonde
Last Coyote
You'll be glad you did. Harry Bosch is your daddy.

Hey Johnnie-
This is the sequel to Odd Thomas:
10312174.gif

ThraxDude said:
Hey Johnnie-
This is the sequel to Odd Thomas:
10312174.gif

Wow...now I hope someone publishes it here. BTW I've read some Conelly recently. The original title is...I don't know but it's about this nanotechnology expert searching for the lost hooker.

the stand was great I thought. The first 3 dark tower books were pure gold. The rest were all very good too, but those first three.....damn! Salems lot was good, Dreamcatcher, Talisman/Black House, Different Seasons, Green Mile...

Keep in mind never to see any of these movies if you enjoyed the books ;) Except Maybe the Green Mile movie and "Stand by Me" which was based off King's "The Body"

Desperation was good. I enjoyed it more then The Regulators. If you have not read the Regulators - do so! It was still good and it was the "companion" novel to Desperation. Weird how he used the same charachters and villan but a completely different story and setting.