NEW SYLOSIS SONG ONLINE!!!

JoshSylosis

May 16, 2005
Reading, Berkshire
www.facebook.com
www.myspace.com/sylosis

Title track off our debut album 'Conclusion Of An Age' out on Nuclear Blast Oct 24th.

Despite what the video says - We reamped with a 5150!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE1eEUNJibA&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8aXe98c7HY&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbOtxV16C5U&feature=related[/ame]

Hope you dig it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to post that... and yeah, I fucking dig it!

Funny thing is I knew that solo from that song before I heard the song... it's even better in context :)

Shit, this is way badass! I'm loving the sound - totally crushing but clear as all hell... and if that was quadtracked, my hat is off to you for being one of the tightest players I think I've ever heard.

Shit, this is way badass! I'm loving the sound - totally crushing but clear as all hell... and if that was quadtracked, my hat is off to you for being one of the tightest players I think I've ever heard.

aw shucks!
seriously though thanks man, really appreciate it. it was quad tracked yeh. we actually had a lot of phasing problems...the next album i'm guna aim to be so tight that everything's phasing and the guitars come out silent - that'd be the most metal shit ever!!

thanks though peeps, really appreciate the support.
it's out worldwide on october 24th (give or take a few days here and there depending on where you're from)

we're uploading yet another new song and a promo video in about two weeks or so

aw shucks!
seriously though thanks man, really appreciate it. it was quad tracked yeh. we actually had a lot of phasing problems...the next album i'm guna aim to be so tight that everything's phasing and the guitars come out silent - that'd be the most metal shit ever!!

thanks though peeps, really appreciate the support.
it's out worldwide on october 24th (give or take a few days here and there depending on where you're from)

we're uploading yet another new song and a promo video in about two weeks or so

YEAH ! that was I was about to say. Not a negative critique but you're so tight that there are strange phase effects here and there... But imagine Josh, it can become your sound signature, you're the quadphasy guy with the ability to clone himself into 4 guitarist :D
It is more noticeable in the artificial harmonics though.

Anyway it is so tight and tasty that you don't even thing about it.

I am really waiting for the other song and the album to go out!!

YEAH ! that was I was about to say. Not a negative critique but you're so tight that there are strange phase effects here and there... But imagine Josh, it can become your sound signature, you're the quadphasy guy with the ability to clone himself into 4 guitarist :D
It is more noticeable in the artificial harmonics though.

Anyway it is so tight and tasty that you don't even thing about it.

I am really waiting for the other song and the album to go out!!

haha natural phase tone. thanks tho dude. i quite like the phasing on the harmonics, kinda goes in and out with itself with the vibrato.
when we were recording this album we were a 4 piece so i did all the guitars but our new second guitarist bailey will probably record half the songs on the next album.

Cheers 'unavailable' too, appreciate it!

Awesome sounds Josh, I'm really diggin it! We discussed gear via PM, but just so I have this straight...Are the majority of the rhythms the Wilton guitar? EMGs used for most leads too?? thanks

-Joe

yeh man all rhythms with mw-600 with emg 81 / sa / sa

solos was esp m-ii with an 81 or caparison dellinger with an 81
single coil sa pickups in the caparison for clean

all rhythm and solo tones ended up being 5150 + a ts9 (i think) with a g-force which we used for some chorus on most of the leads

clean was just a pod pro

all rhythm and solo tones ended up being 5150 + a ts9 (i think) with a g-force which we used for some chorus on most of the leads

clean was just a pod pro

Cool, thanks for the reply man. So you have an 81 in the neck of your M-II?? I'm considering which pickups to put in my maple board M-II that I just got. I dig passives, but something about EMGs just always makes me come back. Currently I have a Duncan Custom bridge and a Dimarzio PAF Pro neck.

-Joe

clean was just a pod pro

what about "the supreme oppressor" what guitars and amps on it? Sounds like 5150 also.
I'm getting ready to download this one on amazon.com

This is the first time I hear anything from your band, but man... That´s f**king awesome! Great tones as well!
I´ll definitely be picking it up.