New JFAC song!!

Aug 16, 2008
London, UK
fb.com
Apparently it made it's way to their myspace player by mistake and was taken down shortly after, but someone managed to rip it!

here it is:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0zjKnRlfs8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0zjKnRlfs8&feature=related[/ame]

True Keith, although it featured a really awesome mix by ours truly Sneap, those really fast blasting parts were far too "fake" like those in Despised Icon latest album. Drums seem more organic in this song

Only listened to the first like 15 seconds, but man I'm getting tired of the whole "Growl.. growl.. growl.. growl.. SCREAM.. SCREAM.. SCREAM!" thing. how do these vocalists end get in these bands?

Band: "So you want to be in our band, eh?"
Singer: "Oh boy do I ever! You guys have the heaviest, most brootalist breakdownz everrr."
Band: "Show me your growl."
Singer: "OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH"
Band: "Kay, that's pretty low, that will work. How about your scream?"
Singer: "WWWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!"
Band: "Okay that's pretty high. We can use that. Can you say one sentence with your growl, and then immediately switch to the scream and say another sentence?"
Singer "Oh can I ever! Check me out! "OOOH GOODLY ROOOUGH ROUUUWW BBBUUUOOOAAWWWW.. RAH RAAAH RAAH RAAAH RAAHH RA R RAHH!!!"
Band: "Alright you're in. We were afraid there for a second that we'd have to get separate singers for the lows and highs, to make sure they would both be equally brutal, but it seems like you'll be able to do both fairly well. You're like two singers in one. Amazing." :worship:

Only listened to the first like 15 seconds, but man I'm getting tired of the whole "Growl.. growl.. growl.. growl.. SCREAM.. SCREAM.. SCREAM!" thing. how do these vocalists end get in these bands?

Singer: "Oh boy do I ever! You guys have the heaviest, most brootalist breakdownz everrr."
Band: "Okay that's pretty high. We can use that. Can you say one sentence with your growl, and then immediately switch to the scream and say another sentence?"
Singer "Oh can I ever! Check me out! "OOOH GOODLY ROOOUGH ROUUUWW BBBUUUOOOAAWWWW.. RAH RAAAH RAAH RAAAH RAAHH RA R RAHH!!!"
Band: "Alright you're in. We were afraid there for a second that we'd have to get separate singers for the lows and highs, to make sure they would both be equally brutal, but it seems like you'll be able to do both fairly well. You're like two singers in one. Amazing." :worship:

+1 lol.

Saw them live a couple years ago. I wasn't impressed. Just boring, fast, generic death metal with average vocals.

i dont think their vocals are average, the guy has a distinct voice in my opinion

c'mon, there's not much you can do over music written like this without it sounding super whacky.

I'll actually give you that one, I don't think there's too much else he could do. I suppose it's the music that just doesn't do it for me then :ill:

yeah, they really stay within a very low range of possible notes

almost as if they're playing in just one octave the entire time

Yeah that's a pretty good description of it. When I saw them, everything they played blended together into a big mushy mess. Their sound definitely does not translate well into a live performance. The rest of the bands that night sounded great too.

I think it's pretty cool, and there are no breakdowns, which makes me so very happy :) That end riff is pretty badass too, I really liked Genesis, so I'll definitely pick this one up!

I hung out with these guys for a few hours before a show last year and I will say that they were to my surprise extremely modest musicians that didn't pretend to be original or even talented. I will however disagree with shitting all over Jonny's vocals. Dudes got power, depth, and clarity that a whole lot of singers can't achieve at least without cupping the mic or studio magic. I guarantee he can be just as brutal 2 feet away from the mic as guys that eat the mic on a regular to obtain that sound.

You sir are ace

I loved Genesis, no shame.
This shit is even awesomer.

Any idea who produced this one?

Also agreed @ Joey
The guy's voice is pretty distinctive. His lows remind me of hardcore shouting but lower and grittier. He's got so much attitude packed in. One of my biggest influences with my lower growls, but I'm no-where near as good as him.