NEW SOILWORK ALBUM

Oh shit Harry. JB Hi Fi? I went looking for it last weekend. May have to do it again this weekend.

Yeah, I was down at the one at Werribee Plaza. Strange, because I don't normally go to that one, I prefer the the JB Hi FI in Bourke Street in the city (probably because I don't have to go through the shopping center and see all the local Hoppers and Werribee scum teenagers :lol:)
From memory, there was only two copies of the album there though.
Hopefully they'll have more copies in by the time you get there though.

is anyone else not feeling this cd at all? it seems like the choruses are in the most awkward places possible. i personally thought his voice was annoying in the first song too.

There is a CD with a 'Making of" DVD as well... has anyone got this? Does it have any good little bits of info?

I got this version and I can tell you its fucking terrible. It's speed annoying the other members while they are recording in some house they rented , with a non HD camera ( looks like a cell cam honestly) REALLY SHAKY vid , no useful info. The whole vid is like 20 mins long and then there are two vids of the drummer playing in the studio. Really glad I didn't pay extra for this. Cmon Speed you can't afford a fucking HD Flip or something ? I even have one and I'm not filming an internationally released DVD...

This album may have the best mix for metal I have ever heard. I just got mine in the mail today, and I can already say, this is the best record of 2010.

This album may have the best mix for metal I have ever heard. I just got mine in the mail today, and I can already say, this is the best record of 2010.

It's definitely in my top 10 metal productions. And the low-end on this album will blow women's clothes off.

The only thing I dislike about this album, production wise, is the low-end. It's too overpowering in some parts (ie the double bass in "Late for the Kill"). IMO it almost rivals the ridiculous low-end on "Fury & Flames."

i personally thought his voice was annoying in the first song too.

Could not agree more. I always skip the first song. Great playing and riffing but the vox is ruining the whole thing. It is lika an mosquito in your bedroom when trying to sleep. Thats the backside of having a bandmember as a producer, you will end upp with a couple of crappy tunes that a "real" producer would have slayed. Track 1 and 5 is pulling this album down, if they had left those two songs outside the ablum the over all rating would have been higher from my booth. Enough whining now :) Soilwork still kicks

Bogren is probably my favorite mixer atm, everything he touches sounds great in an unique way, especially the way he handles the low end. Needless to say drums+guitars always sounds killer too!