NEW SOILWORK ALBUM

Wasn't stoked by the preview songs, but now the record is growing on me.

For now i find it very good and enjoy more stuff every time i listen to it.

"The king of threshold" and "deliverance is mine" are my favs so far, they're just INSANE !!! Btw Dirk did an awesome job on the drums, especially on those two !

Not a huge fan of the production and the tones, even if it's totally not bad. Just comes out to one's likings i guess.

I think the keyboards are perfect for these songs both in terms of content and volume. I guess you guys want something different, but I wouldn't consider Sven under-valued just b/c the keys aren't playing loud melodies.

Great album, I´ve never liked Soilworks guitartone, too much distortion and no chunk. Production is good but stand no chance agianst "Stabbing the drama" sound. Still love the band though :)

The chorus on track nr 5 might be the lousiest chorus they´ve ever put on a record :) thank God for the >>] button

Go Sweden :)

Great album, I´ve never liked Soilworks guitartone, too much distortion and no chunk.

I can see what you mean here, and i think the guitar tone on "the chainheart machine" is the exception. Tight as fuck Fred Nordstrom Engl tone ftw.

On the next albums (esp. a predator's portrait, natural born chaos, figure number five), i think the tone was a good compromise between a very distorted modern tone and some tight chunky tone (well it has also a lot to do with the riffs and the killer playing :) ), and fits the evolution of the music very well.

The guitar tone on "sworn to a great divide" sucked major balls IMO. And the tone on the new one is just weird to me. Not bad but i don't like that kind of tone.

Agree, I have not listened that much before "Natural Born Chaos" so i guess i just should shut the... regarding guitartone before that album :)

I love the guitartone on the new Parkway Drive album.

I love this album and the production.

for me, it's the best soilwork album since Figure numer five.

i like this production because it's pretty a natural sound and not overproduced. i like it. in flames tried to have a more natural sound on their lastest album but there is a big lack of power. here with broadcast we have the natural sound but the power is still there.

and we can hear the Sylvain coudret's touch in this album and his solis are magnific !! they have done a great deal to find this french guy !! i liked his job in Scarve but in soilwork, he gives a +++++ to the soilwork's compositions.

Dirk, not Dick... and yeah he's easily one of the top drummers in the scene.

:lol:
no, no ... I know his real name.
It was all about a typo that I noticed on the YouTube site.
No offense meant.
Just my lame sense of humor making a failed attempt at a joke.
Oh well. I'm a goof.
Take care

Scott

lol so true...didnt recognize that till you mentioned it though^^

Yeah! I was listening to this new album and I thought to myself "didnt they had a keybordist?" After that thought I went to their site and I found that they still have him!:lol:

Good Lord. The drumming on this album is off the charts, especially on "Late For the Kill" and "King of the Threshold". And I'm really digging the production. I'll definitely be checking out some more of their back catalog.

Is it just me or does the song "Epitome" has a very Devin Townsend vibe in the vocals of the verses. Even in the guitar parts its got that Devin stag about them. Good stuff.

Picked it up yesterday. The dvd is neat, massive sound considering how they recorded it! I guess its come full circle, now bedroom producing is mainstream :lol:

Dirk is a-fucking-mazing on this. Those vids of him drumming are intense!

Just bought the new album today, the limited edition (I think it is anyway) with the Bonus DVD.
I already fucking dig it, great stuff.