New Sylosis song online

RELEASED 11th MARCH, 2011.

Great song! I'm definitely looking forward to this release! I'm curious how much heavier you can go since I thought Conclusion of an age was quite heavy.:lol:

Cool mix, guitars sound a bit strange to me (especially when the chords are ringing) but they work in the mix.

The song is very cool. I've always found your band very pro and tight as fuck (i watch all your tour reports and i'm impressed every time) but never liked the songs much, but i like this one. And your vocals are great.

Foster just directed me to this on fb, absolutely loving this track man. He sorted us out with guest list for your Manc show with AILD and I gotta say you guys look awesome as a 4 piece, it really suits and you nailed the front-man role completely. I look forward to whats to come in the future.

Cheers guys.

Unfortunately I don't have any samples of the drums. We wanted the drums as natural as possible which you can tell on the lone fill at 43 seconds.
Robs snare (an old white Yamaha 14x8 from the 80's I think!) was so loud and consistent. One song has a really long snare build up and it took him a while to get the right take because the snare was so un-dynamic that it sounded a bit 'sampled'. There's a good amount of natural kick in the mix too.

For guitar strings I use 10-52 live but 10-46 for recording as they sounded a bit more spongey. Maxon OD808 infront of the amp at all times.

Marshall 1987x plexi for the leads and I think I used a Boss OD pedal instead of the Maxon too.

Just had a chance to listen to the track on my speakers. Sounds awesome. Gives the band a different feel to the last album for sure. Look forward to hearing the rest of it.

Well done Josh! Sounds fantastic. Great job with the vocals dude. Sick as riffing as per usual.

Album release is a couple days before my birthday so that would be a welcomed gift. However, from the taste I just got I won't be able to wait and I will buy it for myself on the release date.