New Testament/Priest albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2003
Im gettin real impatient waiting for the new Testament CD.My guess is that the new Nuclear Assault and Slayer albums will be out before Testaments.Might as well throw in the new Judas Priest as well.I say the new Testament album wont be out until late 2004.Also,it really agrevates me when they dont post updates on their website.

NA and Slayer will surely be out before TestAmenT (don't know about Priest, though). In a recent interview Chuck said they're hoping to get into the studio in March (someone correct me, if I'm wrong with the month) so my guess is that it's gonna be released much sooner than late '04, as you said. I hope it will. However, two years ago I had also been hoping it'll be out pretty soon.
As for the absence of updates- what are you expecting? Comments like: "we're still working on the new record", "I wrote a new riff today" or "we have tons of ideas and the process of transforming them into songs keeps going"? It's kinda pointless, IMO. I think that TL will keep us updatet, whenever sth important happens or is known for sure. Besides, I guess the guys want to make a perfect record and they won't put every song they've written on it, so they can't exactly say when they'll be finished with everything. So I wouldn't expect news like: "we've nine sogs completed, so we need just to more to begin recording". It's not like Eric sits in his house and says:"now I'm gonna write a song" and bam! here it is. It takes time to write a masterpiece, so be patient and ya'll be rewarded...

Im not gonna be patient.I waited 4 years for Judas Priest to release the awful Demolition album.Why are they waiting until March to enter the studio to begin recording a new album??.And finally, if Testaments next album is anything like The Gathering,it will be far from a masterpiece.

It dont take King Diamond this long to release a new album.Since 1999 Mercyful Fate(1) and King's solo band(2) have released 3 albums.And next month "The Puppet Master" will be out.And another thing that bothers me is the fact that some bands(including Testament) skip out on playing shows in the New England area.But in contrast,at least Deicide and Death Angel have shows upcoming in Conneticut.

It dont take King Diamond this long to release a new album.Since 1999 Mercyful Fate(1) and King's solo band(2) have released 3 albums.
That's because king d didn't have cancer or any other serious health problems. I also wish TestAmenT would release new albums year by year, as they used to, but there's been a lot of shit happening and they've gone through it, so maybe the future releases will be more frequent...
Besides, with Eric, Steve and Jon involved in their little Dragonlord project and SdG and Jon still being in Sadus it takes time (writing records, playing gigs) to release the new testament.
Moreover, it takes time to release a masterpiece, so King can sit down and write an "ok" record in two months, but TestAmenT needs much more time to make the record be better than The Gathering
And another thing that bothers me is the fact that some bands(including Testament) skip out on playing shows in the New England area.
I really doubt it's the band's fault. They'd play almost everywhere if they could. Probably the local promoters fails to get some good bands to your area.
Why are they waiting until March to enter the studio to begin recording a new album??
I also wish they could enter the studio tomorrow and release the album next month, but I assume they don't have everything written yet and will hit the studio as soon as the writing process ends...Imagine how amazing these songs will be- they've been writing'em for like 2 or 3 years!
if Testaments next album is anything like The Gathering,it will be far from a masterpiece.
:OMG:
Then go listen to King Diamond and stop caring about testament. They won't record nothing like The Ritual anymore (although I wouldn't mind it, of course) If you think this album is not a masterpiece, then why do you bother to come here and ask about the next one, which has always been said to be in the gathering's vein? However, it surely won't be TG part 2- I've heard they're about to mix all their styles on the new one (i'm really curious how it'll sound like), so you might like it more.

AgentsofBrutality said:
Im gettin real impatient waiting for the new Testament CD.My guess is that the new Nuclear Assault and Slayer albums will be out before Testaments.Might as well throw in the new Judas Priest as well.I say the new Testament album wont be out until late 2004.Also,it really agrevates me when they dont post updates on their website.

I did'nt know you working on the new album with Testament....?........You have balls to come here and say that the new Testament album won't be ready for a year and 3 months!.........again your post shows that you are 100% wrong!
You have stated a bold faced lie!........If your impatient....fine.....but don't come here and shoot your mouth off with things you nither know, or have anything to do with!...........and lie to all the TL fans!........thats not right, and I'm pissed off at your ignorance!

LMAO!!!! I'll say whatever the fuck I want dude!!!! Are u calling me ignorant because Im speaking my mind??Just wait....wait....wait... and wait some more for the new Testament CD.Im a fan of Testament myself and have all the right to complain or lie if I feel like it.

FUCKIN SLAYER!!!!! Its getting closer to the time when Slayer invades Worcester,MA.

"The only way to exit is going PIECE BY PIECE"

AgentsofBrutality said:
LMAO!!!! I'll say whatever the fuck I want dude!!!! Are u calling me ignorant because Im speaking my mind??Just wait....wait....wait... and wait some more for the new Testament CD. Im a fan of Testament myself and have all the right to complain or lie if I feel like it.

There's a way of speaking your mind without being RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL. You'll probably get more answers that way!

A lot of other fans here are very anxious as well, but they don't "talk shit."

High Priest Of Evil said:
...As for the absence of updates- what are you expecting? Comments like: "we're still working on the new record", "I wrote a new riff today" or "we have tons of ideas and the process of transforming them into songs keeps going"? It's kinda pointless, IMO. I think that TL will keep us updated, whenever sth important happens or is known for sure. Besides, I guess the guys want to make a perfect record and they won't put every song they've written on it, so they can't exactly say when they'll be finished with everything. So I wouldn't expect news like: "we've nine sogs completed, so we need just to more to begin recording". It's not like Eric sits in his house and says:"now I'm gonna write a song" and bam! here it is. It takes time to write a masterpiece, so be patient and ya'll be rewarded...

Thanks, HPOE, very well stated!

AgentsofBrutality said:
Allrighty then,I understand.I'll stop whining,NOT!!! Eric should forget about Dragonlord and focus more on Testament.
If your goal is to piss off everyone on this board and act like a little bitch you're doing a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.