New Text Interview

"Strangely enough, my idea for the next album is to do a Mastodon-type of project. A totally blown-out-of-proportion triple-album [laughs]. I dunno why. An epic album."

YES!!!!!

Thanks for posting this, Prophet178. Great interview!

Nice interview, just I don't know if Mike has been joking by saying about triple album. :D But, I'd like to hear'n'see that definitely.

Yeah, I won't believe it until I see it. And knowing Mike, he was probably either just joking about it or playing around with the idea in his head....but it's still pretty awesome to think about.

Seriously, the Toki Wartooth stuff is just ridiculous. That character has been existing for over 5 or 6 years I think. C'mon.
The Mastodon album stuff... yay!!! That maybe explain why he wants to take a break... to write something FUCKING INCREDIBLE!

Good to hear he's thinking of writing more music :)

...I can't wait years '_' Hurry Mikael :p

Yeah, I won't believe it until I see it. And knowing Mike, he was probably either just joking about it or playing around with the idea in his head....but it's still pretty awesome to think about.

I agree with you, that's really fantastic idea by him. And at the other hand, maybe that triple sounds a bit pretentious, but double album would be fine. Although, it was primarily idea with Damnation/Deliverance albums, although I've always been looking on them as some kind of siblings (twins), making an epic album is great idea. And, as Mike is a die hard progressive rock fan, we can expect further progress, what would be amazing. I am very impatient, but for sure we'll not have chance to hear that new album before 2011. I'd like I am wrong, but...

I find it difficult to believe that they'd really do a triple album, but anything is possible I guess.

Mike likes to bullshit, like when he talked about doing something with black metal influences.