New Text Interview

Honestly, three disks at one time would make it hard to believe Opeth could still be as creative and diverse as always. I would never want them to become more 'standard metal' and sound like Mastodon. Maybe Mike just meant a 'three-part disk' like three different stories coming together in a concept album or something.

Whatever the case, 'over the top' has me excited, that's exactly how I describe Ghost Reveries and I'm hoping for something else on that level.

he's obviously joking, he said he'd never do the double album again because it almost ended the band, why the fuck would they try a triple

I guess the biggest burden was that they wrote everytnig in studio, not just because it was a double album.
If he writes everything before entering the studio I bet he will and could do it if he(they) want.

he's obviously joking, he said he'd never do the double album again because it almost ended the band, why the fuck would they try a triple

Because the two albums where almost entirely written within the studio. Mikael's now planning to write them before going to record. This way it's possible that he makes a triple album, which would be ultra-fucking-nice but I don't expect that.

I seem to recall interviews with Mike saying he wanted to do a concept black metal double album or something like that - then they did Damnation and got as far away from black metal as possible so....triple album?

everybody who actually believed this interview about the triple album is a retard
remember when gr was supposed to be this big black metal album

:erk: idiots