New Theocracy Album "Ghost Ship" Announced

Matt Smith

THEOCRACY
Jun 11, 2004
Athens, GA
www.theocracymusic.com
THEOCRACY: NEW ALBUM GHOST SHIP ANNOUNCED

The Athens, Georgia-based melodic metal band THEOCRACY will release their new album Ghost Ship on October 28th in Europe and North America through Ulterium Records. Information on different editions and formats will be announced soon.

With Ghost Ship, Theocracy perfects the lively and fully-realized sound of As the World Bleeds, delivering 10 muscular and streamlined tracks that never lose focus and combine for one memorable journey. You like midtempo singalong anthems? Try the “Ghost Ship” title track. Thrashy rhythms and intensity? “The Wonder of It All” should be to your liking. Emotional ballads with huge melodic hooks? Go “Around the World and Back.” Or if you prefer epic, progressive tracks that do all these things and more, 10-minute album closer “Easter” is sure to be a favorite. Each song on Ghost Ship stands alone and has a unique signature, but every moment sounds unmistakably like Theocracy.

“So many kids were coming up to us after shows and telling us their stories,” says Theocracy vocalist Matt Smith. “A lot of them were searching for purpose and a place to fit in, and having grown up as an awkward and unpopular kid myself, their words really stuck with me. I started thinking about what a band of misfits Jesus’ disciples were: fishermen, tax collectors, and people of little consequence in the eyes of the world. Sometimes the ones most people don’t see, or choose to look straight through—the ghosts of society, as it were, dead to the world—end up having the biggest impact. That’s where the title and idea for Ghost Ship came from: all the misfits, the uncool, the outcasts, there is a place where you do fit in. Although Ghost Ship is not a concept album, this is a recurring theme, particularly in the title track and ‘Castaway.’”

Ghost Ship track listing:

01. Paper Tiger
02. Ghost Ship
03. The Wonder Of It All
04. Wishing Well
05. Around the World and Back
06. Stir the Embers
07. A Call To Arms
08. Currency In A Bankrupt World
09. Castaway
10. Easter

13962551_10153946519587462_9038928833416067851_n.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Now, what to do... Buy it online, or at Brainstorm festival...

Super duper excited for this! Theocracy has fulfilled my long time dream of top quality metal talent matched with lyrics that are unabashedly Biblical. Having them be literally top of the top deck talent wise is even better. :) Anyways, my wallet is ready!

Still waiting for a pre-order date as well as the various editions to be available. Hoping the foreign editions will be easier to obtain as I still can't seem to be able to get the foreign editions of the last 2 albums and am still hoping to get my hands on the 2003 version of the self-titled album (I now have the 2013 edition as well as the other two which I ordered a couple months ago). Totally stoked for this album. Still wondering if/when the other Christmas tunes will be made available in BandCamp in lossless formats. You'd think by now that they all would've been up there, but, no such luck. :(

Reactions: Jacob777
Told the few friends I got about the album. They'll be getting it too.

If things go like the last album went, hopefully we'll get to hear a track that's been uploaded to YouTube from the record label sometime mid October. Man, this thing is gonna be here before ya know it.

I saw you can pre-order it on some of the Japanese sites, now, but no track listing as yet, so I have no idea if they are the regular editions or the Japanese import editions, unfortunately. :( Amazon Japan has a pre-order as well as some others.... otherwise.....

I'd be surprised to see a Japanese edition advertised yet - the Japanese bonus version of As the World Bleeds took an extra 5 months to be released.

By-the-way Vaalwrath, nice sig. I've been listening to What A Joke & enjoying Pseudo Intellectual.

Reactions: Vaalwrath
I'd be surprised to see a Japanese edition advertised yet - the Japanese bonus version of As the World Bleeds took an extra 5 months to be released.

By-the-way Vaalwrath, nice sig. I've been listening to What A Joke & enjoying Pseudo Intellectual.

Why, thank you.... I only recently picked up the remastered version of What A Joke a couple of months ago. Pseudo Intellectual is still one of my favs from that album... that and their version of Silent Night, lol. The new album is ready for pre-order on their site. No word yet if there is a deluxe edition coming out. Just the CD and LP's (black or white vinyl). Still, one can only hope for a Japan pre-order, because I REALLY want that Nouveaux cover song!

Was informed on Facebook that the Japanese version will NOT have any bonus tracks, which is rather odd... I've rarely seen any Japanese versions of albums without any bonus tracks.... Wonder what it means? I'm hoping we'll get lucky and they'll use the wrong master and give us "All That Glitters" as an unintended bonus track, like what happened with that Living Sacrifice record back in 2009...... :) But I won't get my hopes up, lol.

A Japanese version without any bonus track(s)?
Does that mean I can pay double or more just for the "bonus" of Japanese text that I can't read?
Interesting...

I know, right? Makes no sense to me, either. This is pretty unusual, but Ulterium did tell me there would be a Special/Deluxe Edition later on down the line, but for now, there are no editions with bonus tracks. Was hoping they'd put "All That Glitters" on one, but I guess we'll have to wait... Bummer. :(

I know, right? Makes no sense to me, either. This is pretty unusual, but Ulterium did tell me there would be a Special/Deluxe Edition later on down the line, but for now, there are no editions with bonus tracks. Was hoping they'd put "All That Glitters" on one, but I guess we'll have to wait... Bummer. :(

That's correct, if you change "would" to "might be". However, good things come to those who wait. Especially when it comes to Theocracy.

Reactions: Vaalwrath