New Theocracy Album "Ghost Ship" Announced

I'm still partial to the original album, albeit the reissue version is better. All of the albums are solid, but that original is something SPECIAL. I listened to it yesterday for the first time in awhile, and song after song kept jumping out..... So many great tunes.

I feel exactly the same way about Mirror of Souls. It is often a "go to" album for me when I'm struggling with what I am in the mood for.

Been a fan since Mirror Of Souls and have seen them live on 2 occasions when they've rolled through the Tampa Bay area. As much as I enjoy their previous work, this album is on an entirely different level. It takes the production and "crunch" of the last album and adds in their best melodies yet. Hands down one of the best releases I've heard in a long time and hoping to see them at Center Stage in the not too distant future.

I only got the album recently so it's still sinking in, but so far the title track has hooked me something fierce.

Apparently their recent album release concert in Atlanta was quite a show. I saw fans online who drove down from NY, NJ, and Ontario.

Just bought this one as well - never listened to Theocracy before and went off the reviews from everyone here. This was a great disc. Are the older discs as well done as this one. Loved the crunch and the choruses are very catchy. Really good disc.

Thanks,
Brand

Just bought this one as well - never listened to Theocracy before and went off the reviews from everyone here. This was a great disc. Are the older discs as well done as this one. Loved the crunch and the choruses are very catchy. Really good disc.

All of the discs are REALLY good, but the earlier material is a little more proggy, whereas "Ghost Ship" tends to be more aggressive and concise. I HIGHLY recommend checking out all the others, as (personally) I generally prefer the earlier stuff to the new one.....

Appreciate the feedback. I really like this one - which earlier release is closest to this sound?

Brand

I've recently gone back to the old stuff after letting Ghost Ship sink in for a while. Was listening to the self titled album last week, it's a great album. Need to put the other albums into the car system to listen to while I drive.

Reactions: Kez