New Theocracy Album "Ghost Ship" Announced

No doubt about it! My daughter (12) made an event out of it (she bought her own cd with her own money!) by making bracelets that matched the color schemes of the four albums you have put out while we listened to the new music together. It was a a great experience! Thanks for giving us such great music to listen to that praises the LORD! Keep up the great work, brother!

Reactions: Vaalwrath and Aish!
No doubt about it! My daughter (12) made an event out of it (she bought her own cd with her own money!) by making bracelets that matched the color schemes of the four albums you have put out while we listened to the new music together. It was a a great experience! Thanks for giving us such great music to listen to that praises the LORD! Keep up the great work, brother!

Wow! Tell her I'm honored! :)

Reactions: Vaalwrath and Aish!
I just showed your response to her and she has one of the biggest smiles I have ever seen on her face. She wants me to tell you that your music is really cool and you guys are her favorite band to listen to. Thanks for letting your light shine for the King!

Dude... DUde.. DUDE!!! Yo, this album is crazy! lol. I can't believe how different it sounds (musically) compared to the last three. I mean. They've all had their own sound, and like anybody, you don't know what to expect from a new album, but. This album is for real awesome. The introduction to the album/the first song was just friggin sick!

Them guitars, them choruses, them drums, dat bass. You guys make some amazing music. I don't know how you guys do it. Making a new sound but yet keeping that good ol' Theocracy awesomeness with the music, vocals and harmonies to each album.

I'm also noticing a good few comments in the 'Ghost Ship' video of people discovering yall for the first time cause that song is an ad for some other videos, and they just end up listening to the whole song, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaalwrath
Personally, I'm not super crazy about it, but it does have some good songs. One of my favorites being Paper Tiger.

Great work again, Matt! You've succeeded in continuing the trend of great albums. I've listened to it 5 or so times already (which is pretty tough for a guy with four kids and a full-time job). Expectations were high, and it has met them for sure. I'm eagerly anticipating album number 5. :) But seriously, you can rest a little bit before getting started on it. ;)

Reactions: Aish! and Vaalwrath
Oh yeah. Wanna throw a huge thanks out to Shawn for lacing the music with drums in the studio for this album. Who knows how much longer we would've had to wait for the release of this without that. You came through in a time of need. Thanks, bro!

Reactions: Vaalwrath
Not going to leave extensive thoughts on this album, as the second half is taking some time to sink in. The more streamlined and rockish approach is a little unexpected and not normally my cup of tea so I'm giving it time.

But. Those first four songs, man.

Especially to speak to the two that we hadn't heard before:

Paper Tiger. I have hated the falsity of the American Christian culture war for so long and I am so, so glad that this song exists. There is real suffering in the world and we need to stop whining that the church no longer has prime power and privilege in the U.S.A. as if that's what suffering looks like. That's not even touching the awesome speed-and-shredding-and-thrash-and-power-and-soaring-chorus. My goodness, this is what an opener looks like.

The Wonder of it All. Thrash and speed gives way to beautiful choruses and rotating modulations throughout resulting in a dizzying musical swirl to accompanying the lyrical play of the paradoxes of faith. This may be one of the very, very best songs Matt has written.

Also, I have to comment on Easter. It didn't click until today, but it is indeed a well-written and riveting Theocracy epic that will play very well in concert. It almost calls for a theatrical dramatization in some way.

Not going to leave extensive thoughts on this album, as the second half is taking some time to sink in. The more streamlined and rockish approach is a little unexpected and not normally my cup of tea so I'm giving it time.

But. Those first four songs, man.

Especially to speak to the two that we hadn't heard before:

Paper Tiger. I have hated the falsity of the American Christian culture war for so long and I am so, so glad that this song exists. There is real suffering in the world and we need to stop whining that the church no longer has prime power and privilege in the U.S.A. as if that's what suffering looks like. That's not even touching the awesome speed-and-shredding-and-thrash-and-power-and-soaring-chorus. My goodness, this is what an opener looks like.

The Wonder of it All. Thrash and speed gives way to beautiful choruses and rotating modulations throughout resulting in a dizzying musical swirl to accompanying the lyrical play of the paradoxes of faith. This may be one of the very, very best songs Matt has written.

Also, I have to comment on Easter. It didn't click until today, but it is indeed a well-written and riveting Theocracy epic that will play very well in concert. It almost calls for a theatrical dramatization in some way.

Erm, I'll agree to disagree with you on Paper Tiger. I see it more as a commentary on the identitarian insanity currently plaguing secular society in general and higher education in particular -- the rise of the "cult of victimhood" and the rush by its adherents to jockey for power and prestige within the SocJus movement. The lyrics are pretty clear-cut. Most astute was the observation that few if any of those who are complaining most loudly about their perceived "injustices" have ever experienced real suffering; they make a great show of their oppression and alienation, and spend most of their time patting each other on their backs while congratulating each other for their bravery and willingness to stand up to TPTB.

The simple reality is that their pampered, comfortable lives spent onine and at university classes can't even begin to compare to the nightmares lived by those overseas who know REAL oppression and isolation. The lyrics inject a much-needed (and intelligent) dose of perspective into a situation that's rapidly reaching critical level right under our noses.

Erm, I'll agree to disagree with you on Paper Tiger. I see it more as a commentary on the identitarian insanity currently plaguing secular society in general and higher education in particular -- the rise of the "cult of victimhood" and the rush by its adherents to jockey for power and prestige within the SocJus movement. The lyrics are pretty clear-cut. Most astute was the observation that few if any of those who are complaining most loudly about their perceived "injustices" have ever experienced real suffering; they make a great show of their oppression and alienation, and spend most of their time patting each other on their backs while congratulating each other for their bravery and willingness to stand up to TPTB.

The simple reality is that their pampered, comfortable lives spent onine and at university classes can't even begin to compare to the nightmares lived by those overseas who know REAL oppression and isolation. The lyrics inject a much-needed (and intelligent) dose of perspective into a situation that's rapidly reaching critical level right under our noses.

You are both wrong. The song is about Truman. The cat thinks that things are tough, but he actually has it quite sweet.

You are both wrong. The song is about Truman. The cat thinks that things are tough, but he actually has it quite sweet.

Still waiting for Ghost Ship to arrive, I've been listening to everything else by Theocracy and this morning thoroughly enjoyed Trumocracy on my way to work.

Isn't it about time Truman released some new material?

Mine arrived a few days ago and have rocked out to both the CD and the vinyl. Also happened to find a copy of the original Metal Ages version of the self-titled Theocracy album for $10 dollars on E-Bay, which just arrived today. In pristine condition, to boot. Never thought I'd EVER find a copy of it for less than $30 dollars or more, but I lucked out. Rocking all the Theocracy albums now. Much as I love the new album, Mirror of Souls is still my favorite. Can't wait for the covers EP and (hopefully in the very near future) a Christmas album... which reminds me. Has there been any progress made in re-activating the "Club of Souls" page? Still hoping for a new Christmas tune this year and maybe having all of the Christmas songs available on BandCamp in formats OTHER than just lossey/MP3...