New Theocracy Out Tomorrow

DustyV

Jan 21, 2010
Sound samples sound pretty sweet! Anyone heard the whole thing yet?
Good? Bad? Same as Mirror of Souls?

Looking foward to picking this up! Although I may have to get it from ITunes, depending on funds......

I haven't heard it or ordered yet, but Matt Smith is one of the top 10 songwriters in metal, IMO. And by far the best at writing Christian lyrics. I'm not even a believer and his lyrics move me. I had tears at the end of Mirror of Souls. Such an amazing story.

I agree regarding Matt. I'm not even close to being a Christian, but I don't mind Matt's lyrics at all, because they aren't preachy! If they were preachy, I would be completely turned off. I feel the same way about dark metal bands that have lyrics that border on satanism. As long as the satantic lyrics aren't preachy, I'm okay with it IF the music is good....

But back to theocracy, the guitar on the sound samples I've heard sounds really good! I can't wait to pick this one up! Maybe tomorrow even........

I got it from ITUNES, and I actually love this more than Mirror of Souls. I think it's heavier and more guitar focused too!! By the way, it's also on Spotify....

The album cover/title is on Spotify, that's true. However, the music underneath the songtitles is not Theocracy....

Edit: they changed it, it's good now!

After hearing the cd a couple of times, it's their best for sure....I remember when I heared their last 2, I would say, "where are the guitar solos"???
Well, fear not, LOTS of guitar solos on this cd and great guitar work to boot!!!! This is heavier than their previous work for sure.....

I know it's posted in the other Theocracy thread, but I think it's worth having here for listening convenience. The first single 30 Pieces of Silver:

Last edited by a moderator:
They posted the third track of the new album, a song called 'Nailed', as wel":

Great song!

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt posted this today. I'm assuming this is very unusual for our genre (though I don't follow charting enough to actually know).

We made the Billboard heatseekers chart. I can't believe it. I never even entertained the possibility of being on Billboard with what we do. Thanks so much, everybody.

http://www.billboard.com/#/album/theocracy/as-the-world-bleeds/1529467

heat2.jpg

heat1.jpg

Color me impressed with this release. I was not sure how Matt would follow up the last release as I found it to be a stellar album. Matt & Co. have upped their game once again and have delivered an outstanding album.

Way to go guys!