new to katatonia

if you take a second and look through some of the threads you will find some answers......take your time.....you might even find one called "what alblum should I buy"......please do....take your time....all you need to know about this is already posted....

jeez deliverence chill a little,dude my favorite is "the black sessions"box set,even comes with a DVD of thier concert in Poland,its pretty sweet.:headbang:

Nah, I wouldn't recommend you to buy compilations by far... It's a good idea to start from the beginning and develop your musical taste with the band itself. Each one of their albums has got its own uniquie vibe, you just can't miss it. Compilations are really good when you're on the road and you don't want to carry with you a trunk of Cds. There are many rare stuff as well, if you haven't got their EPs, and DVD of course.

Well, it's not wise to start from the beginning if you're not into doomy stuff. And I don't think you'll get a good answer when you ask which album to buy, because everyone of us here has a different opinion about it :) But I think you should start with Tonight's music or Last fair deal gone down.

Divatkreació said:
Well, it's not wise to start from the beginning if you're not into doomy stuff. And I don't think you'll get a good answer when you ask which album to buy, because everyone of us here has a different opinion about it :) But I think you should start with Tonight's music or Last fair deal gone down.

I think you meant Tonight's decission?
Tonight's music is great also, don't get me wrong ;)

Izaak said:
Hello everyone i am new to katatonias music and was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on there best album/s ?? to buy?

Depends...what type of music you like...which katatonia songs do you have...they have changed their style a bit over the years.

Discouraged ones is their best if you ask me

Discouraged+One said:
start from the begining...period.
Yes. If you can live with growl you should start from Dance Of December Souls (or "Jhva Elohim Meth" EP if you could find it).It is more heavy than "modern" Katatonia, more poetic and pathetic, much more guitar leads. If not, Discouraged Ones is your cup of tea. I mean, to start with. My personal favourite is Viva Emptiness, but I doubt it's a right choice for the new fan.