New To Nevermore

Roddoliver

Jul 8, 2004
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Hi there. I only started listening to Nevermore recently, when I bought This Godless Endeavor after watching the Final Product video. I really like this album, very heavy with great technique. Are the other albums similar to TGE? I remember listening to The River Dragon Has Come and I think this is a great song. Which other albums you recommend?

hello, and welcome. All the albums are really good. Enemies of Reality is a heavier album and very cool, but I think most of us are huge Dreaminging Neon Black fans, its a fantastic album, a little more psychedelic than the others. You could pretty much pick up any nevermore album and its going to be awsome.

If you like The River Dragon... you should check out Dead Heart In a Dead World. 'Believe in Nothing' was the first Nevermore song I ever heard and I still love it to this day, just for being such a cheesy power ballad :)

The remixed version of Enemies of Reality may also have what you're after. It's a very furious and agressive record.

if you can stand it...

check out the reciews on the net, soemtimes wd is online he can guide you through teh history...

Just go back through their cd catalog one at a time, newest to oldest. Each of NM's cd's are different for numerous reasons, but all have that NM stamp on them. For a band like NM, I find it best to only go after one at a time, so as to let it all sink in, before moving on. This way you get the whole picture, and with NM, there is a lot to sink your teeth into. Excellent vocals, lyrics, harmony vocals, song structure, mood, guitar riffs, solos, killer drumming, melodic lines under the rhthyms, etc...I find something new and interesting with each listen (and I've heard them all 100's of times). One of the most perfect bands I have heard. Each cd provides all of the aforementioned, just in a slightly different packaging.

There is not a bad NM cd, nor is there a bad song. The 1st cd is regarded as the one "weak link", but it kills...just not as much as the rest! It's just a slightly more simplistic NM, as to be expected. I've seen a few comments not digging "God Money", but I think that song rips. Not many bands can go so heavy, but melodic, then into more subdued "power ballads" as NM. NM is a complete, 3-dimentional offering. If they were born in the "metal-age" of the 80's and early 90's(yes I know it was Sanctuary), they would have been absolutely huge. They have progressed sssooo very much since the Sanctuary days, and upgraded to 1st class musicians throughout the band. No weak links, or even "middle-of-the-road" musicians encompassed within the boundaries of NM.

My personal NM cd is either TGE, Enemies of Reality, Dead Heart In a Dead World, Dreaming Neon Black, Politics of Ecstacy, In Memory, or NM.
It just depends on my mood at the current time!

descendencyfw I couldnt have put it better myself...very intelligent review of NM * Claps * bravo ....& Welcome new NM fans ..Im happy you have the wit and the good taste to seek out new ( to you ) metal, your well on your way to self inflicted whiplash ..Enjoy !

@ Roddoliver: order all the Nevermore albums at your local cd- store, supply yourself with some food and beverage, pick out the best headphone, listen to all the albums and buy them all at once or one by one.
In the last case: you might as well start at the beginning and buy their selftitled, which contains Sea of Possibilities and Godmoney! the first Nevermore song, that ever came to my ears.

And i agree, The Riverdragon Has Come is a great song.