New to the forums and to producing..Critique wanted

joe_04_04

Feb 24, 2011
I really want feedback on this track. I'm a still just a rookie to this whole recording game. I don't know a whole lot about producing to be honest and I know I did a million things wrong...so give me your honest feedback

Things I dont want critiqued:

1) The drums. Yes they are programmed and for one simple reason...it was just a friend and me doing this project. It was a random, of the top of the head experiment and we didn't want to waste time recording drums on something that might of flopped...also we were writing drums at the same time as the rest of the song so we didn't really have an idea to record in the fist place. Also I don't have any decent drumming plugins so all the fills I wanted to add sounded way to machine gun. I compromised and took out the fills. I felt that the song was better off without fills to keep it from sounding worse (since its just a project).

2) Genre style (I.E. growling, double bass, breakdowns, bass drops). If you don't like modern metal or anything like that, dont comment, just judge on sonic qualities (whether that may be good or bad).

What I would like critique on:

Guitar tone, drum tone (avoiding the "no fills and its all programmed" comment), lyrics, vocal reverbs, delays, effects (I.E. Vocal Glitches and Vocal St-u-tters), EQ, etc....Anything on the production level basically.

Once again..I want to stress I'm a rookie at this...so don't kill me for putting out something thats "plastic-y"...

I know that this song belongs to a very generic style of metal..but I think my friend and wrote this song in a cool way....the effects really fit the lyrical content..

Last edited by a moderator: