New to the site I need a question answered.

Rossjds

New Metal Member
Feb 14, 2011
I have a question that I really need answered.
but Im not really sure where to start the thread at?

so I guess Ill ask it here.
well two questions actually.

1. I have addictive drums; Is it possible for me to add my own WAV files, say a snare I would want to use instead of the ones they have provided? If so how do I go about doing that?

2. I have pro tools 7.4, and FL Studio 9. Im using the piano roll for the drums in FL Studio and then converting it to a WAV audio file, then taking the WAV file and throwing it onto a stereo audio track in pro tools and EQing blah blah blah. Honestly it gets old having to go back and fourth. I want to be able to eq, compress, blah blah blah each piece (snare, kick, overheads) on separate tracks in pro tools so i can mix them separately, as different audio files. How do i go about doing this?

sorry if the question is confusing, im just as confused on how to get this to work. :erk:

The thread is in the right spot, maybe put it in production tips but where it is now seems ok.

1. I have addictive drums; Is it possible for me to add my own WAV files, say a snare I would want to use instead of the ones they have provided? If so how do I go about doing that?

I've never used addictive drums so i'm not sure if you can do that or not, my guess would be you cant. But they make triggering programs that can do this. (Steven Slate Trigger is a great one, APTrigga, Drumagog)

2. I have pro tools 7.4, and FL Studio 9. Im using the piano roll for the drums in FL Studio and then converting it to a WAV audio file, then taking the WAV file and throwing it onto a stereo audio track in pro tools and EQing blah blah blah. Honestly it gets old having to go back and fourth. I want to be able to eq, compress, blah blah blah each piece (snare, kick, overheads) on separate tracks in pro tools so i can mix them separately, as different audio files. How do i go about doing this?

Just bounce the MIDI (not the WAV) out of FL and put it into PT on an instrument track, Addictive drums will read the midi. Then from there just set up separate tracks for each drum and route out of addictive drums into those tracks. You'll then have a separate track for each individual drum.

thanks alot guys, sorry about the late reply havent been doing much with audio much lately but im getting back into it again.

the only problem im having is that when i export the piano roll midi from FL and i try to throw it on a protools instrament track nothing happens. help =[

There is an entire step in the process Dalinkwent48 Left out .....

First I have a few questions ...

Are you using .WAV samples in Fruity Loops to create drums? If you are then exporting to MIDI is not going to help. As all the midi note for all the sounds will be C3, its a flaw in FRUITY. If you are using SOUND FONTS or the Built in drums in fruity then you can export to MIDI and everything will be fine.

Ok now back to the part that was left out ....

You need to open FRUITY as a PLUGIN on a channel inside of Pro Tools then import your MIDI on that channel. Then you can play the sounds from FRUITY in Pro Tools.

Honestly what you SHOULD be doing is throwing Fruity out the window as its a useless piece of shit. Program your drums on the Piano Roll in Pro Tools and stick to 1 program for everything.