New to this type of music

THOR

New Metal Member
Mar 21, 2002
Florida
Visit site
I accidentally found Vintersorg the other day,and I can honestly say that they are the best and most talented group I have ever heard...

I've never listened to "black metal" before..I guess that's what this genre is considered???

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of any groups that have a similar sound to Vintersorg.

I listened to a few songs from Dimmu Borgir,and while I liked the music,I couldn't get into the vocals.What I'm trying to say,is that they were too hard for my taste.

Can someone recommend groups that I may like based on the info I've given??

Any help would be very much appreciated...

:)

Greetings
You should try the new stuff of Borknagar, that's where Vintersorg sings as well. Songs: 'Stellar Dome', 'Inherit the Earth'
Another very talented Viking/Folk-Metal-Project is Falkenbach. Some growled vocals, but mostly clean singing. Songs: '...Into the ardent awaited Land', 'Walhall'
Furthermore, if you don't mind really folky music, Otyg might be for you as well. Vintersorg sings (well, actually not anymore :( )there too. Songs: 'Gygralock', 'Draugen'
And last but not least: Menhir are very nice as well. A band from Thuringia with some almost cheesy lyrics, but overall they're great. Songs: 'Sonnenwende', 'Schwertes Bruder'

Haha, Smirr; You almost covered it all! >:eek:P

THOR, if you ever get into more growling and
stuff like that you should check out Thyrfing
and Finntroll. Those are two of my very
favourite bands along with Vintersorg! :eek:)

Happy hunting! Discovering new music is the
greatest thing in the world!

this is my first post on this board, but i have been around lurking for awhile, never really had anything to say though. anyways, couldn't pass up this chance to say you should check out the band winds, and even the new arcturus cd the sham mirrors. have any of you heard any of the songs off these cds. i must admit i cheated and got the songs already cause i couldn't wait, but as soon as they are released here i will be making a trip to the cd store. i think the art work is really good on both of them too. anyways, check both of them out i am pretty sure you won't be disappointed.

Vintersorg isn't really black metal... Vintersorg has a style of its own :)

You may want to listen to these albums:

Amorphis - Elegy, Tuonela, maybe Tales from Thousand Lakes if you don't mind the cookie-monster vocals

In The Woods - Omnio, Strange In Stereo

Love History - Anazasi

Dornenreich - Her von Welken Nächten

Empyrium - Songs Of Moors & Misty Fields

These may not necessarily sound very similar to Vintersorg, or have a similar atmosphere, but have some things in common ...

Listen to blackspirit, for she is wise!

Really! Check out Thyrfing and Finntroll...

And if you haven´t heard ´em, you should check out Dark Tranquillity and Opeth also, they both ROXXORZ SOXXORZ :lol: thanks for the xpression F_V !

-phyros