New toy!

IronApe

Dec 14, 2005
Pavia - Italy
Well, finally I made up my mind, ordered it last thursday and received it today... my new girl...

pic1vk8.jpg

I've played it just for about an hour, not even through an amp, and the feeling this thing has is amazing. True, the neck isn't slim at all, but you get used to it quite quickly, and the way it resonates is beautiful. By the way, mine is a 2008 model, don't know if the past ones were like this one, but it has splittable EMG 707TW's... I'm the happiest bloke around!!! I just wanted to share it with you guys (since without this forum I wouldn't even have ever known this guitar existed!), I'll try it through my Engl Savage SE tomorrow, and I'll let you know.

For me it's not just the "heavy heavy", it's more like "one more string, wider horizon", which I couldn't achieve with a baritone...

@broken81: it's doing it's job right!!

@postmortem1666: yep, C-7 Hellraiser.

@ben johnson: I'm just too fed up with the downsides of floyds...

@pifos: I'd be really curious to try out your Jackson COW too, I had a big dilemma between the Schecter and that one

EMG just unveiled their splittable 707's and 81's at the winter NAMM, if I remember correctly. Regardless of when they were available Schecter only started putting them in their 2008 line. It certainly is a nice touch and I am looking forward to getting another HellRaiser C7 with the splittables :)

~006