NEW TUBES FOR MY Triple Rectfier?

I personally love JJ EL34L's in my DR. More headroom and lowend than a normal EL34. The amp is quite a bit tighter than when I had 6L6s, with less grainyness on the top end and great mid crunch. The vintage channel REALLY comes to life with these tubes.

Tubes aren't hard to change, if you're worried take alot of pics first. and download the maunual from Mesa's site, it has pics of the tube layout and tells you what tube goes where. also don't grab the larger tubes by the glass, but by the base, and wiggle them gently as you pull them out. The preamp tubes have shields over them, just turn them till they pop up, kind of like a medicine bottle.

ok my tubes showed up today, wow that was some fast shipping! on eurotubes it says i should clean the tubes first with some electrical contact cleaner.. i went to radio shack and picked up some control/contact cleaner/lubricant.. but the guy at radio shack said this product has white mineral oil in it(although it says NON FLAMIBAL on the can.) and when i told him i was going to use it to clean tube pins ect. he didnt really seem to think it was a good idea, so is it safe to use this stuff?

the older 2ch don't have a removable powercord!

seriously, this guy sounds like he has no experience with tubeamps at all, recommending stuff like replacing anything, even tubes, can kill him.

there are 500v going on in that amp.

if you don't exactly know what you're doing bring it to a tech!

Well, he said the amp was a triple and it was 3-4 years old if you actually read the thread so obviously that wasn't this guys situation. Changing your tubes is not a life threatening situation either bro lol. Turn the amp off and you'll be fine, it's easy. Just use your head and line shit up correctly so you don't break anything. If it's not going in easy, make sure you've got it in the right place and try again. Sometimes you need to apply a little force to get it seated in place though. I think anyone on this forum at least is capable of changing some tubes.

SUCCESS!! i just finished putting the tubes in, on when i turned it on.. (i had my fingers crossed hoping it wouldnt explode lol) i was greeted by the sound of nice and tight saturated tone :)

appollo when i first got it i wanted to sell it for a 5150, but over the past 4 months this amp has helped me improve my rythm playing almost 100%. and now i really like it alott so i dont think i will be doing that anytime soon..

never heard of revulva though.. anygood?