New Update!!!

dark...blastbeats...please

yeah, blastbeats ... and breastplates ... and last bets ... and seat belts ... and dark. Dark as in "It won't get any darker, even with sun glasses on". ;)

on the other hand, no more lopez beat :cry: ... i'm curious, maybe there'll be an "axe beat" ... only, we'll have to wait two albums to find that out.

Mike said the bordering on black album thing before he started writing the album though, so the direction changed. Now most of the songs are already written.

Interesting that the other guys have riff ideas, wonder if they'll get used. That'd be a first in a looong time.

I hope he will (if its good). Maybe u are right about the writing thing but 5 songs is not an album (unless its MR II or somth.). Also SW could seriously change the sound in a more proggy less dark way.

Yeah, 5 songs probably won't be the whole album. Maybe three more or something, hard to say though. Was a few shorter ones on Ghost reveries. And yeah SW influence could be nice on the vocal production and mellower songs, but he's not really a metal dude at all, so eh maybe leave the metal to Opeth themselves or some other good producer. I really hope this album is truly dark and massively heavy.

id be a bit disappointed to see SW back. i loved his production on damnation but its more of a step back than forward at this point in opeths career when they're trying to forge a new path and change their sound up. we'll see. sounds good from what mikes saying.

id be a bit disappointed to see SW back. i loved his production on damnation but its more of a step back than forward at this point in opeths career when they're trying to forge a new path and change their sound up. we'll see. sounds good from what mikes saying.

:cry:. I personally am excited about SW producing for Opeth again. Just like Porcupine Tree continues to evolve, so will Opeth's colaboration with SW. I dont really see how this is a step back for Opeth. Some of Opeth's greatest material was produced by SW, why can't they progress into new exciting music together?

I was hoping Steven Wilson will come up some time. About their DVD, oh man, early 2008? That's so great, both an Opeth DVD and a new Metallica album for my birthday. Sweet. Hopefully Draconian will also be done with their fourth CD at about that time, they're gonna start recording in September, also in Fascination Street.

Lots of good news lately :)

why would u want Mikael to get a disease?
:lol:

:cry:. I personally am excited about SW producing for Opeth again. Just like Porcupine Tree continues to evolve, so will Opeth's colaboration with SW. I dont really see how this is a step back for Opeth. Some of Opeth's greatest material was produced by SW, why can't they progress into new exciting music together?

well ive already heard what steve has done with opeth. to me its more exciting to hear a new talent making his impact. its just a personal opinion, i love steve wilson, but id love to see what someone else can do with the new one.

I'd much rather Swano produce it, or a good producer who has never produced an opeth album, get of a little different influences.