New Van villiams stuff

I definitely hear some NM-ish riffs, and in the new studio video for Jeff's stuff I also heard a lot of stuff reminding me of the same. I guess the positive way to look at it is that we are going to have a few bands playing this style of music that we like, but of course we will all end up just wishing that they did it together instead of separately.

video wasn't funny. on the not being a negative douche side though i thought the music was pretty decent, sounded like communic with a bit more technicality. it shouldn't be surprising that van and jeffs new bands are going to sound like nevermore (jeffs most obviously since he wrote the riffs and that's his style) but that just means more good music hopefully as someone already stated so i'm down.

i didn't even know van had a side project, i looked up some of their earlier songs and to be honest i did not like them at all, but i'll definitely give this a chance. i will admit i'm very much looking forward to the new jeff solo cd since it'll be like nevermore but with more insane solos, even more experimentation and odd aspects due to having more freedom etc but this one i'm very skeptical about.

one thing also is i don't get why bands feel the compulsion to go overboard with the funny videos. some funny parts in studio/making of videos are always appreciated, but i don't want to see insanely forced jokes and inside jokes for an entire time; i'd much rather see some of the actual studio, some actual tracking, how it went and then with some jokes thrown in that were actually organic and not just people posing for the camera. some bands do this a lot more than others, but it seems like it's getting so big now that some bands are full on just trying to make their videos 100% forced jokes.

I'm not really hearing anything remotely Communic sounding other than may a few vocal phrases. His actual voice sounds more like James LaBrie to me though.
So far it sounds promising.

sounds to me shithjouse like a bad trivium to me....realy bad ,

hope santuary doesnt lose focus...hahaah

this is good

Last edited by a moderator:
the lyrics are the best multi layered around in metal - count raven just to add...

mayeb take back to 1993, for a change - intense brooks have a lookee

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Pure Sweet Hell and Oops! got big.
Cute kid, 10 seconds of fame and already stealing the show.