New vocalist announced + new album update

MC Hanner

Martin Hanner
Nov 28, 2001
Växjö, Sweden
listen.to
Henrik Wenngren Leaves Skyfire, New Lineup Announced!

We’ve gotten many e-mails and questions over the last few years regarding the status of Skyfire and now it’s time to give you an official update.

As some of you may know, our brother Henrik, who has been with us for all 3 albums and has contributed so much to the band, has chosen to leave Skyfire and concentrate on his own project Favilla. We want to stress that there are no hard feelings on either side and wish Henrik the best of luck in all his future endeavors. The band will always look back on the great times with him when he was with Skyfire.

The good news however, is that we have found an amazing replacement for Henrik in Elohim vocalist Joakim Karlsson!
We are very excited to hear his voice in Skyfire on both future recordings and on all the old classics which we are itching to play live. We're also excited to announce that Andromeda's Johan Reinholdz is officially a member of Skyfire now. Johan helped us out big-time on our tour in Spain when Jonas left and Martin had to take over on bass, so we are all extremely excited that he is now a fulltime member of the band.

Speaking of the new record, we've all been hard at work writing and demoing new material to release on a new, up and coming label and has proven to be perfect for Skyfire. We’ve been given the go-ahead to announce our new home soon!

We´ll start officially recording the new album as soon as possible and it will probably be mixed later this year by someone who many of you should be familiar with by now in the metal scene.

To all our fans who have been loyal and patient: Keep it up guys, it will be worth the wait. We can assure each and every one of you that this next release will be the strongest in Skyfire’s history!

Our permanent lineup now stands as the following:

Joakim Karlsson (Vocals)
Martin Hanner (Bass, Keyboards)
Andreas Edlund (Guitars, Keyboards)
Johan Reinholdz (Guitars)
Joakim Jonsson (Drums)

YYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

Good to hear! Thanks for the update it made my fuckin day. Can't wait to hear the new stuff and glad you found t3h p3rfeCtz0Rz label. One question though: Are you guys just going to throw out the stuff that had already been recorded? I heard that you had an album finished and were just looking for a label. Maybe put it up in downloadable form on the website for a nice price? :)

Awesome, great news. I like Joakim Karlson's vocals in Elohim based on the samples on their website (although to be completely honest, I don't particularly care for the band as a whole, so I'm glad to see Joakim in a band that I love). I was actually listening to Skyfire for the first time in a long time for the past couple days, so this is great timing for me. Really looking forward to that new album.