New vocalist speculation thread

Thematt202

May 11, 2011
Chesterfield
Anyone have any theories about the new guy? Male/female (stranger things have happened!), established/new talent, UK/European/American etc etc.

I personally feel the new guy will be a UK male and PQ will probably be his first professional gig. I also think he will have a range much closer to that of Alessia than Mr Somapala.

Over to you...

The only hunch I really have about the new Vocalist is that, like you say, I reckon they will have a range closer to Alessio rather than Chity. That's kinda what I want as well, if only because I think it'll improve how good the classic PQ songs sound live, but at the same time, Blood Alliance is, along with Neverworld, my favourite PQ album so I want the Vocalist to sound good for songs from that album too!

I'm so excited to found out who it is and what they can bring to PQ!

Since Steve stated in the Chitty leaving post "Myself, Andy, Paul, Rich and Gav have been auditioning potential replacements for the past couple of months and we have now decided on who will be the man to take up the frontman role in the band", we should assume it's a male

UK based would be an advantage in terms of getting the band together for future endeavours but, again as it's been mentioned, all the band have other (more permanent jobs) so that's not necessarily essential

The most important thing is that they can do justice to all the songs we know and love, but also have the ability to set their own stamp on the future of PQ

Not really into speculating this time around, myself - I just hope the guy's voice can do justice to both old material and Blood Alliance. Best of both worlds, if you catch my drift.

I hope we find out soon. I'm very excited.

After jamming through a whole sets worth of songs with our new singer, I can assure you this guy can do the best of both worlds and more... :)

After jamming through a whole sets worth of songs with our new singer, I can assure you this guy can do the best of both worlds and more... :)

Is he going to one-up your hair blowing in the wind during live shows?

Would be cool if it were Ricki from Ascension ...

Ricki would tear it up, though somehow I think I'd have seen something from his bandmates by now if it was him. There's always the one that blabs.

Personally I'm hoping for someone like Jens from Persuader or some obscure but amazing vocalist these two

Of course! Simone Simons (Epica), Tarja Turunen/Anette Olzon (Nightwish), and the bands Indica, Delain, and tons of others :p

I can safely say that it's not a female singer. Having said that, I do like the idea of working with a female vocalist in the future......not necessarily within the confines of PQ though.

How about Kiske/Somerville gets you on their next album? The world would die from the overdose of awesome.