New Waves CLA Video - Compression plug-ins demo

Can someone list the FREE plugins that emulate the same classic compressors as the CLA bundle?

I know I have some 1176 style plugins from Antress and I have Event Horizon (which is an 1176, right?)...But the black stripe and blue stripe stuff I'm not sure about...Or, better yet, of the free ones, which would you deem the BEST? I don't have a compatible iLok device to DL the demos on Waves site...although that may change soon. But, I'd like to try out some fo these techniques to see how it sounds using free plugs.

I'll be honest, it would be hard to find free plugs that do what these do. I havent found many commercial plugs that do what these do. haha. I wish I hadnt tried these plugs, as now I will have to scrounge money buy them when the demo runs out, heh. I usually dont get excited about plugs but these are very well done.

If I understand the video correctly the tracks are from Brian Howes? That means that his engineer J.V.P. (his real name is Jay VanPoederooyen) tracked it all in brians' studio called Van Howes Studios in Vancouver.

JVP is probably pretty unknown to everyone on here, but in Vancouver he's a well known engineer. I know he uses 121 and 421 on guitars, and almost all their guitar tones are done with Marshall amps.....

Thank you for that info dude!:kickass:

Man, this guy is one of the best around...but listen to how much BS he lathering on here. Its like he's just makin stuff up.

Like.."listen to those velvety crickets in the background...I can feel the warm steamfartness coming through--trust me...I feel it.......so its there."

I now know for a fact that this guy mixes solely on intuition and a God given ear and not any technical skill---causes he has no idea how to explain what he does or what he is hearing. I suspected as much--as the Andy Wallace's and Randy Staubs of the world hear in a different dimension than the average joe. What they do cant be taught---it must be steamfarted out of their minds.:)

Ermin, on the topics that have been brought up at the start of October regarding other alternatives, have you had chance to do a comparison of the Waves 1176 CLA standard to say that of the pro tools bomb factory one? would be really interested to hear! I'll also soon have access to a Neve VRP 48/60 studio with a UREI 1176 in, so if you didnt have the BF version, and you wanted to send some audio to me of a dry and wet sample through so we can try do a comparison on the CLA ones, the BF version and a pro Neve Urei version?

Ermin, on the topics that have been brought up at the start of October regarding other alternatives, have you had chance to do a comparison of the Waves 1176 CLA standard to say that of the pro tools bomb factory one? would be really interested to hear! I'll also soon have access to a Neve VRP 48/60 studio with a UREI 1176 in, so if you didnt have the BF version, and you wanted to send some audio to me of a dry and wet sample through so we can try do a comparison on the CLA ones, the BF version and a pro Neve Urei version?

ill make it easy for you.
the BF is shit. reacts NOTHING like a proper 1176; the Waves is amazing, is frighteningly close to a proper 1176;
That answer your question?

^ The passion in that post kinda turned me on.

I might have to watch this video to get re-inspired. Something tells me I'll be picking this pack up soon, even though I got the CL1B plug recently.