New Woods of Ypres 'girlie' shirts?

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
It's tends to be difficult to please everyone with these...Some people prefer one style, and others like the total opposite, but I would like to get some new ones done. So to the ladies on the board, what do you want to see? What style? What color? What would you like to see on it (logo, 'deepest root' tree, etc...). I'd be happy to hook you up, and encourage you to wear them out to shows whenever possible! :)

Go! :kickass:

Haha, if the t-shirts actually had "deepest root" printed on it then you'd be begging for trouble in Australia. :D

Hmmm... I think you should print up some samples of a whole lot of different designs and cuts, then send them all to Carlotta, and just... y'know... yeah... hehe...

:lol:
Haha, if the t-shirts actually had "deepest root" printed on it then you'd be begging for trouble in Australia.
Haha! I might do just that, just to start shit! A new WOY shirt totally unsuitable for the family dinner table (as Dan Hulse would say), in Australia. What's the story with this again? Is "Root" slang for sex in Australia or something? I remember someone telling me something about how the Australian's find the Canadian clothing company "Roots" really amusing, because they prominently display that word, "Roots" on every piece of clothing they sell and that word means 'sex' to them (or something like that, I was probably tanked when this was being explained to me) ...and to push it even further, the "Roots" shirts usually have a picture of a Beaver on them (I'm serious!).

nav_logo.gif

Hmmm... I think you should print up some samples of a whole lot of different designs and cuts, then send them all to Carlotta, and just... y'know... yeah... hehe...

"Huh huh, whatever Beavis...Huh huh." :lol:

:lol:
Haha! I might do just that, just to start shit! A new WOY shirt totally unsuitable for the family dinner table (as Dan Hulse would say), in Australia. What's the story with this again? Is "Root" slang for sex in Australia or something? I remember someone telling me something about how the Australian's find the Canadian clothing company "Roots" really amusing, because they prominently display that word, "Roots" on every piece of clothing they sell and that word means 'sex' to them (or something like that, I was probably tanked when this was being explained to me) ...and to push it even further, the "Roots" shirts usually have a picture of a Beaver on them (I'm serious!).

nav_logo.gif

Yep, you got it in one! It's a really crass way to say it though, for example, "Hey mate, I got a root last night!" or "Fancy havin' a root, darlin'?"... hehe.

No way would I have thought this Roots label was a serious clothing company unless you told me, especially since they have a picture of a beaver! Actually, I was doing a foreign language test yesterday, and one of the girls there had a sweater saying "Beaver County" or something like that. I have a feeling that English wasn't her first language so she probably has no clue about the double meaning. :)