New worm floating around

Cat5Messiah

Violator of Sheep
Jan 21, 2003
Seattle/Tacoma (Browns Point), WA
www.myspace.com
In case you didn't know, there is a worm floating around. What this does basically is fuck up your shit. It's a RPC worm. The piece of shit is circulating the internet right now. Usually what triggers it is your System Update. I suggest you get this before it crashes your computer. I had to fix two computers today because of this worm. If your computer is messed up by it saying something along the lines of Newdot.dll erroring or NT Authority / System (Which will reboot your system automatically after a minute), then download the patch which can be found at:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp

***UPDATE***

Forgot about this........run this and then install the patch. This will delete the worm:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FixBlast.exe

Reactions: C-Taylor
Products Affected by This Update

The following products require updating:
  • Microsoft Windows NT® 4.0
  • Microsoft Windows 2000
  • Microsoft Windows XP
  • Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003
Well I have windows Me . I don't need updating , right ?

that site scanned my PC and said i didn't need any ciritcal updates so i guess i got it yeah?

i use windows update all the time so i guess it musta automatically downlaoded it....

Reactions: C-Taylor
nikon87 said:
Products Affected by This Update

The following products require updating:
  • Microsoft Windows NT® 4.0
  • Microsoft Windows 2000
  • Microsoft Windows XP
  • Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003
Well I have windows Me . I don't need updating , right ?

Nope, you're fine.

No need to be so angry.. it doesnt do any harm.. I mean wow, it reboots your comp, big deal. Spare him your anger, there's more harmful viruses out there to be mad at. Actually, with the text in the worm's code, I found it quite funny, heh :p
"Bill Gates, why do you make this possible? Stop making money and fix your software" :D

Northern Viking said:
No need to be so angry.. it doesnt do any harm.. I mean wow, it reboots your comp, big deal. Spare him your anger, there's more harmful viruses out there to be mad at. Actually, with the text in the worm's code, I found it quite funny, heh :p
"Bill Gates, why do you make this possible? Stop making money and fix your software" :D
:lol:

hey, i agree the worm doesn't do much... i mean, who the hell here doens't have to restart windows every 2 minutes? :lol: :p

Okay, it doesnt do any harm but just imagine if somebody would like to use the net for his/her job! I still would like to laugh at something else than on worms...