New Zyklon

Jaded

There was nothing...
Jul 26, 2003
New York, NY
www.smnnews.com
Anyone have any thoughts on the Psyklon Aeon single posted? or did any of you slimey bastards find somewhere to download the cd ;p, what are your impressions?

LuminousAether said:
I've heard the whole album, the only song I like is the last one, which is pretty much the same case with their first album. They are such a boring band...

Ditto.
The only songs I like on the new album are the two "singles" and I strongly disliked the first record.

World ov Worms is amazing, and one of my fav (if not my fav) cd.
I've heard Psyklon Aeon and An Eclectic Manner, and I think both are awesome. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album, I have been looking forward to D-Day for a long time now.
One other thing. I'm sick of people calling Zyklon boring. That's bullshit. I don't know how one can find them boring, but since people are entitled to their opinion, I won't argue with them. Nontheless their opinion is wrong, and if you don't like Zyklon then why bother to take the time to post about them.

ChaosDeathcult said:
and if you don't like Zyklon then why bother to take the time to post about them.

Because he asked for a general opinion on the album.
Why are you so offended?
If you're a death metal fan you should be used to people talking shit about your favourite bands.
Get over it.

To say the least, 'Aeon' pissed me off. I absolutely fucking loved 'World ov Worms' (it was one of my favorite albums), but overall, their latest "effort" is extremely boring and exceptional only in its mediocrity. All of 'WoW's extremity is gone, leaving slow to mid tempo shit fests. When I first heard 'An Eclectic Manner' when it was released as a promo, I honestly though it was a mistake... it couldn't be Zyklon...

Zyklon is like that annoying fat nerd that won't shut up. Just this irritating buzzing sound that you wish would end but goes on way too long.

Guess what, this is my opinion, which I am adding to a fucking DISCUSSION BOARD. If you don't like it, then what the fuck are you doing in a place where you can read opinions you don't agree with? Shouldn't you be out in your shed, masturbating to whatever esoteric garbage turns you on, while plotting the destruction of mankind for hating on your beloved bands? Get a grip, you wannabe censors.

After a lot of listens.... I think this album is great... but thats just me.

favorite tracks: Electric Current
No Name Above the Names
An Eclectic Manner
Core Soultion

I completely agree with Sonicarnal Artist.

The thing I dislike most, and, indeed, can't BELIEVE, is the drumming.

It's simply lame, in every imaginable way, and is nothing like anything Trym's done before.

and the vocals just aren't as interesting either.

Only thing good about the album is the damn cover artwork, which is amazing, and makes the whole thing that much more frustrating.

*sigh*....This album is great. It's Zyklon. For those of you so intent on hearing World ov Worms..go listen to World ov Worms. I do believe the goal was to not release the same album twice. Compare Anthems to Prometheus?? Huge difference..both great. I personally feel this cd takes a few spins before one can really get a feel for it..but that's just me...it's not for everyone. But to say that they're boring is propostuous....whatever.

this album IS boring though. repetitive riffing, predictable atmospheric keys, plodding drumming all the way through. what is there to excite the attention that world ov worms did? nothing!

oh, and about anthems and prometheus....there was an album in between them that helped explain that progression.