Newb issues w Cubase & Personus FP10

About to start tracking guitar for a demo. getting a di box today.

Noticed while recording rehearsals through the presonus and cubase that I can not properly adjust the monitoring leval of individual channels.

I found the monitor button on each channels for the "input mixer" of cubase. But, If I select it to monitor the channel I still have the same volume. The only difference is now when I move the fader I can adjust what seems to be the same sound behind it, only delayed. :cry:

I usually don't have to worry about the monitoring levels with what I have been doing. So, now its here to bite me ion the ass.

Gonna call presonus when I get back in front of it tomorrow. But, I was wondering id anyone had the same experience with this set up?

About to start tracking guitar for a demo. getting a di box today.

Noticed while recording rehearsals through the presonus and cubase that I can not properly adjust the monitoring leval of individual channels.

I found the monitor button on each channels for the "input mixer" of cubase. But, If I select it to monitor the channel I still have the same volume. The only difference is now when I move the fader I can adjust what seems to be the same sound behind it, only delayed. :cry:

I usually don't have to worry about the monitoring levels with what I have been doing. So, now its here to bite me ion the ass.

Gonna call presonus when I get back in front of it tomorrow. But, I was wondering id anyone had the same experience with this set up?

The firepod can only monitor what is being fed direct (I'm talking on the firepod itself not monitoring through cubase).

If you want to monitor direct then you have to set your buffers really low and pray your computer doesn't hiccup when you record (your CPU peaking).

The firepod has a mix knob that is a mix between the sound being fed into the firepod and the sound being fed by your computer. I'm sure you know this though.

So turn it so it's only giving you what you want to hear out of the computer (or else you get that delayed double effect you were referencing).

Then turn on the monitor button for all the tracks you want to feed and ajust the faders in cubase so you can hear what you want.

You have to turn your buffers down though or else suffer the latency. The only issue with that is that you may have CPU spikes if your machine can't keep up. On my machine I can tolerate 256 samples for a rate and be ok, but some find even that much latency to much (I think it's around 7ms or so on my computer). Go lower if you can. Plan on freezing tracks if your running amp sims etc...