Newbie needing reccomendations

Hey GUys! Thank you so much!
And also, don't bag me out for requesting things be left ou, I live at my parent's house (I'm still in school), and they are quite strict.
I nead headphones!
Anyway, I like alot of bands I haven't mentioned, such as Lamb Of God, Blind Guardian, Rob Zombie (he's nu metal I think), Cardle of Filth, Lots. I just don't have enough! :rofl:
Anyway, thanks guys, often newbies get bagged out alot, so, yeah, thanks!

I just realised that Katatonia is one band I have heard and liked!
Anyway, anyone know what that adeliede (Australia) band was?
Oh, spelling mistake in my last post. Cradle. Damn I hate laptop keyboard. Anyway, yeah...
Also, I heard about this band that dresses up as pirates, sing pirate themed metal and take it seriosly. Any idea of the name?
Oh, Chimaira is another band I like! I forget stuff constantly! Must be stacking my bike (Someone stole it from me last week! ARGHHH!) so damn often.Odd for a nerd. Anyways, thankyou!

sorry for hijacking the thread a little, original poster.

@ Belligerent & Einherjar86

I had already kept 3 songs from Eclipse that seemed ok on first impression, but not given them a listen since. "Brother Moon", "House of Sleep", and "Leaves Scar".

"Two Moons": Anthrax goes MTV rock faggot. (did you happen to like their last piece of shit album?)
"Perkele (the God of Fire)": sounds like a b-side of their old stuff, but the hook is just so incoherent and cacophonous.
"Stone Woman": just bored me, not my vibe.
"I Of Crimson Blood": bit remedial, bland and uncreative.
"Enigma": makes me want to put on Ensiferum instead.
"Sign": Godsmack? hook and verse reminds me of better riffs, which sorta ruins things.
"A Servant": sub-par DM vox, repetitive EToS wannabe riff.
"Shaman": might be a good song for people transitioning from pop/rock to less well known bands. Wouldn't hesitate to send it to my emo/rock lovin' friend who liked Anthrax and numetal but doesn't get into anything more.
"House of Sleep": reminds me of Sentenced. Best song of the lot.
"Under a Soil and Black Stone": I like the style but the whole thing melodically bores me. "Smithereens" from FFtS could be remade in this style with the new vocalist.
"Smoke": another remedial little tune. again the mix of vocals just seemed forced.

Anyway, anyone know what that adeliede (Australia) band was?
...did you link one of their songs so we have a clue what they sound like?
or, post some of the lyrics?
or...anything? did I miss that?
you might just have to figure it out for yourself... ask locals, or start by looking through the archives, hoping you spot the name and recognise it, or that they're one of the many which specify where in Australia they are, which would at least narrow it down.
http://www.metal-archives.com/browseC.php?c=13

Also, I heard about this band that dresses up as pirates, sing pirate themed metal and take it seriosly. Any idea of the name?
Alestorm?

And also, don't bag me out for requesting things be left ou, I live at my parent's house (I'm still in school), and they are quite strict.

mate, they wouldn't have a fucking clue.

go download Vehemence's "Christ, I Fucking Hate You" and see if you think your 'rents could even understand what he's growling...

Did I know Slayer were Catholic? no
Did I know Carcass were vegans? no
...you can't tell shit about ideology from listening to music most of the time, unless you're playing rock or thrash or power metal...something with extremely clearly spoken words.

Hey GUys! Thank you so much!
I nead headphones!
Anyway, I like alot of bands I haven't mentioned, such as Lamb Of God, Blind Guardian, Rob Zombie (he's nu metal I think), Cardle of Filth, Lots. I just don't have enough! :rofl:
Anyway, thanks guys, often newbies get bagged out alot, so, yeah, thanks!
Um...LoG, CoF...I take it you're okay with anti-Christian lyrics, then.
LoG - try Pantera, Devildriver, and Kreator's last 2
CoF - try Dimmu Borgir, Satyricon, Emperor
Rob Zombie - Just no. But try White Zombie.

I just realised that Katatonia is one band I have heard and liked!
Oh, Chimaira is another band I like! I forget stuff constantly! Must be stacking my bike (Someone stole it from me last week! ARGHHH!) so damn often.Odd for a nerd. Anyways, thankyou!
Try Opeth, Draconian, Orphaned Land.
If you like Chimaira, try The Black Dahlia Murder, As Blood Runs Black, At The Gates.
Pirate metal: Alestorm (power metal with pirate lyrics), Running Wild (power metal, pirate lyrics), Swashbuckle (deathrash, pirate lyrics), Verbal Deception, Marooned, etc.

sorry for hijacking the thread a little, original poster.

@ Belligerent & Einherjar86

I had already kept 3 songs from Eclipse that seemed ok on first impression, but not given them a listen since. "Brother Moon", "House of Sleep", and "Leaves Scar".

"Two Moons": Anthrax goes MTV rock faggot. (did you happen to like their last piece of shit album?)
"Perkele (the God of Fire)": sounds like a b-side of their old stuff, but the hook is just so incoherent and cacophonous.
"Stone Woman": just bored me, not my vibe.
"I Of Crimson Blood": bit remedial, bland and uncreative.
"Enigma": makes me want to put on Ensiferum instead.
"Sign": Godsmack? hook and verse reminds me of better riffs, which sorta ruins things.
"A Servant": sub-par DM vox, repetitive EToS wannabe riff.
"Shaman": might be a good song for people transitioning from pop/rock to less well known bands. Wouldn't hesitate to send it to my emo/rock lovin' friend who liked Anthrax and numetal but doesn't get into anything more.
"House of Sleep": reminds me of Sentenced. Best song of the lot.
"Under a Soil and Black Stone": I like the style but the whole thing melodically bores me. "Smithereens" from FFtS could be remade in this style with the new vocalist.
"Smoke": another remedial little tune. again the mix of vocals just seemed forced.

Harsh :cool:

Thanks for giving them another try.

ok here we go.

for a new person to metal and not wanting any rasict/satanic metal id reccomend

The Devil Wears Prada (not really metal as opposed to screamo or metalcore but nonetheless)
August Burns Red (deathcore? still metal right?)
Lamb of God (have fun)
Impending Doom (christian band that sounds by no means a christian band)

You said you like Katatonia, then you might be interested in Agalloch
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=z4ih3JVrRPE[/ame]

and/or Rapture
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ji6gi4ByXk[/ame]

If you want to experiment with German music, you could delve into the Neue Deutsche Härte genre, which is probably more like Industrial Metal, with bands like:
Rammstein
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=nXsKWi9FIjY[/ame]

Eisbrecher
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=LmenR9moIqs[/ame]

and Oomph!
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=A1hjLQ1ipT8[/ame]

you can check out last.fm , www.pandora.com , and music-map.com to try and explore what you like once you find your tastes.

When I was just getting into the genre, I had a pandora station that was just Deadsy, Opeth, and Rammstein, and that helped me find my place with some patience.

^Tomi Koivusaari is his name and Eclipse and Silent Waters are far superior to FFTS or Am Universum. No comparison really.

He's the rythmn guitarist who originally did vocals before Pasi. Tomi Joutsen is the new vocalist, and yeah I agree.

Being afraid to listen to music with Anti-Christian lyrics is more of a testament to one's weakness of faith.

Not necessarily, if you change "afraid" to "prefer". People have different reasons to monitor what they expose themselves to. It could range from not wanting to be offended, to not wanting to support something so against your own ideology, to feeling bad about it, to actual fear of it, and anywhere in between these, I suppose. People should be where they are and not worry. If they change in the future, then that is cool too.

Lol
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Anyhow, I initially preferred not to listen to stuff with creepy lyrics. Now I sing along to "Crippled And Broken," "Slaves Shall Serve," and "Masters Of War" (great songs by Kataklysm, Behemoth, and Amon Amarth, respectively) without a second thought.