Newer Mix; No killswitch this time xD

EmilioArteaga

New Metal Member
Oct 2, 2009
Local Christian band Endure The Fall. I think I'm getting better and better at using what I have to the fullest because this is starting to come together better than the other mixes i have yet to finish.

any critiques/criticism is welcome. I feel this mix is solid, though for being an instrumental

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2143256/01 In and Out.mp3

Kick seems just a *bit* too loud. Not annoyingly so or anything, but seems like it could come down a bit. I like the guitar tone, IMO a bit dark, but it works!

Can't listen right now but seriously, what's with christian metal bands having "fall" in the name? I must have recorded 3 myself. :lol:

christian verb the noun band lol
i am digging the guitar sound though, crunchy middy goodness

thanks, everyone, for the kind words! i think the clipping that you all are hearing is the bass track i have. I ran the bass out to a send that had an eq hipassing at around 500 and lowpassing at like 4k. I heavily distorted that to try to bring out the fret noise. i guess it was a bit too much distortion on it. I'll back off of that. and I also need to trigger the toms.

is this common practice for bass guitar? I'm trying to get a really grungy bass. Kind of like older hardcore-punk albums. I feel like that tone brings more angry emotions to the recordings. I really don't know why, though :p