Newport Music Hall

Someone posted a bunch of clips on Youtube... Some better than others...

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the better ones

I wish I could make out everything he says in the beginning. POS @ 5 minute marker needs to die.

This was the highlight of my night. Mr. A is fucking happy, see 40 second mark. Good close ups at 2 1/2 min mark.

Posted by the same guy, same bass exploding audio quality... I wish a good audio recording would have been made, that would have been awesome... I guess these aren't too bad though. :'(

Posted by the same guy, same bass exploding audio quality... I wish a good audio recording would have been made, that would have been awesome... I guess these aren't too bad though. :'(

Do you think if they were recorded farther from the stage it would sound much better? I ask because Im the one who recorded them. Just got the camcorder, still learning how to use it.

& here is your wish. He has more so be sure to view the others.

I don't know a lot about audio production on bootlegs, but you probably were too close... this guy was on the balcony it seems. That's a pretty cool find, thanks for posting it. :) You've probably got the better close-ups though.

Do you think if they were recorded farther from the stage it would sound much better? I ask because Im the one who recorded them. Just got the camcorder, still learning how to use it.

It's for sure that the quality of (audio) record would be much better if the camera or your recording "tool" is further from the stage. Because the sound in such cases has much "time" to flatter. That's why, also, many bands, exactly their tech staff install the equipment (sound equipment, as mixettes and stuff like that) in front of the stage. It's much better than putting that aside, or in backstage.