News about next year's show (update 9/21)

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Hi folks,

I can tell you now that I will announce a minimum of 9 of the 12 bands on Saturday. I’m hoping to have the others done as well, but the two headliners always take time and I will not settle just to beat an imaginary deadline.

I will be sending out an email to the Gold Badge holders on Tuesday, Oct 9th with the date of next year’s show. I will post that information to the website the next morning.

I strongly suggest that you do not make a reservation with The Granada at that time. In case you missed the previous announcement, they will be closing down for a multi-million dollar renovation. It will become an upscale boutique type hotel with bar, restaurant, etc. The prices are expected to go even higher as they will be targeting the high dollar patrons (just as the rest of the area is doing to a certain extent). My understanding is that they will not be guaranteeing reservations or prices regardless until after the dust is settled from the renovation in early 2008. This will be my 7th and final year using the Granada for myself, the crew, and some bands.

I do not have any further details to announce other than for you to expect a $5 increase in the ticket price (to help cover the 2 additional bands).

Glenn

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! 12 bands that is great, can't wait to hear who. See ya in two weeks and 1 day Glenn.

Glenn - Thanks for the heads up on all of this. I'd like to book my room where ever you decide to put up the majority of bands (i.e., whichever hotel will be replacing the Granada for your purposes). If you have this information available (either now or by the time you send that e-mail to Gold Badge holders on the 9th) I'd really appreciate knowing which hotel you have chosen so I can try to book there.

Thanks again for always keeping us posted and well-informed on what your doing to make this festival even more amazing. :headbang:

I honestly still expect to hear some bitching about the price between now and when they go on sale. It's the nature of the beast so to speak...

One thing that absolutely continues to ring true is that the cost of the festival admission is wholly secondary to the cost of the airfare & hotel room. That's where the true expenses come into play.

Well, that and the bar tabs. :loco:

Jason

Do we know if the new hotel / shuttle combo sold well enough for them to offer it next year? Looks like next year will offer a choice of:

Crappy Super 8
Close but expensive Residence
Closer but more expensive unknown Grenada remake
Hotel by shuttle
Move in with Atlanta resident.

OR . . . . PP - The Sleepover!!!

Steve in Philly

With the apparent concern over hotel pricing / availability for next year's fest I'd imagine we'll see a lot more people sharing rooms, suites, or whatever lodging options become available in order to mitigate costs and pool resources. I'd definitely be interested in such a pooling of resources for next year.

I honestly still expect to hear some bitching about the price between now and when they go on sale. It's the nature of the beast so to speak...

How can you bitch about only having to pay $5 more for 2 additional bands?

Damn, $5 is a bargain for two more bands. No problem here. Glenn, could you possibly look into getting blocks of rooms at a hotel for a discount like BW&BK did in Cleveland? The hotel shouldn't bitch because these rooms would be basically be guaranteed to be taken almost immediately.

With the apparent concern over hotel pricing / availability for next year's fest I'd imagine we'll see a lot more people sharing rooms, suites, or whatever lodging options become available in order to mitigate costs and pool resources. I'd definitely be interested in such a pooling of resources for next year.

hmm, time to look at adding some bunks into the basement.

'Hotel Hoyt', complete with shuttle bus. :Smug: wonder how much I could fleece everyone for?

oops, did I type that out loud? :oops:

:lol:

hmm, time to look at adding some bunks into the basement.

'Hotel Hoyt', complete with shuttle bus. :Smug: wonder how much I could fleece everyone for?

oops, did I type that out loud? :oops:

:lol:

Put me down for a queen sized bunk, and does that include breakfast????