Is The Granada REALLY Booking For Next Year?

PurpleCrayonWriter

Just a Kid at Heart
A friend of mine who lives in Florida contacted me to say she just booked at the Granada. I know I've read posts from people on the Forum in the past week who said they have, too.

Intrigued, I called the Granada just now (5:30 pm EST, Oct. 12). I asked if I could book a room for next September. The guy who answered told me No. I mentioned that my Florida friend just booked a room there for next September. I heard keys clicking. "Nope," he said. "We have nothing in our system for next September."

"Really?" I said. "What if I told you I know of a half dozen people who said they booked a room with you for next September, 25-28. What would that mean?"

More keys clicking. "Uh, I don't know," he said. "We have no record of any bookings for next September."

Now, I don't mean to be an alarmist or anything. And perhaps the chap on the phone wasn't looking in the right place. But those of you who booked a room at the Granada may wish to check to see if you truly do have a room booked at the Granada.

Just FYI.

Bill

A friend of mine who lives in Florida contacted me to say she just booked at the Granada. I know I've read posts from people on the Forum in the past week who said they have, too.

Intrigued, I called the Granada just now (5:30 pm EST, Oct. 12). I asked if I could book a room for next September. The guy who answered told me No. I mentioned that my Florida friend just booked a room there for next September. I heard keys clicking. "Nope," he said. "We have nothing in our system for next September."

"Really?" I said. "What if I told you I know of a half dozen people who said they booked a room with you for next September, 25-28. What would that mean?"

More keys clicking. "Uh, I don't know," he said. "We have no record of any bookings for next September."

Now, I don't mean to be an alarmist or anything. And perhaps the chap on the phone wasn't looking in the right place. But those of you who booked a room at the Granada may wish to check to see if you truly do have a room booked at the Granada.

Just FYI.

Bill

This would be why Glenn suggested that we not book them for next year. They may make the reservations, but who knows what that will end up meaning with new rooms and new prices.

They are not booking in September. Somebody screwed up at the desk if they did. They haven't even established rates yet for the "new" boutique style rooms. It's going to be one of the most expensive hotels in Midtown according to speculation.

Yeah, I think it depends on who you talk to, which always makes me nervous. Someone there definitely made a "reservation" for Bryant, rate, details and all, but then you talk to someone else, and they insist they're not taking reservations.

I am letting all you good out-of-towners get reservations for the rooms that actually exist first. If push comes to shove, I can get my DD to ferry us back and forth to Roswell, so I'm not too worried about my own reservations. :b

Anyone who has a "reservation," make sure you have a confirmation # first of all, and if I were you, I'd call back this week and explain what you've been hearing and say you want to know what's going to happen with your reservation. And obviously, have a back-up plan. :)

Shaye