Cancellation at the Granada!

nightwish58

Feb 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
I will be cancelling one of the two rooms I booked at The Granada tomorrow morning around 9:30. If anyone needs a room right down the block from the venue, give them a call tomorrow after 9:30. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Too much!!! The Granada unfortunately price gouges every year and isn't all that great anyway. The other hotels have much better amenities and aren't that far away. Plus the rates are way lower. DOWN WITH THE GRANADA!!!!!!

The_Q said:
Too much!!! The Granada unfortunately price gouges every year and isn't all that great anyway. The other hotels have much better amenities and aren't that far away. Plus the rates are way lower. DOWN WITH THE GRANADA!!!!!!

I couldn't disagree more. I have stayed at the Granada each and every year since PP 2 and I have paid the same exact price each and every year which I believe is $119 per night which comes to $109 with my AAA discount.

Not only that, but all of the headliners stay at the Granada (for whatever that's worth). There are usually interviews with the bands going on there, etc... I think it is great.

I pay like $80 at the friggin Residence Inn every year and it's really nice and a 2 minute walk to the venue. Am I getting a deal or is the Residence just really over looked for some reason (although it does seem to be getting more props this year)

The_Q said:

Hey hey hey mister!! Your talking about PPUSA headquarters right there!! Never had a problem with the place, its quite nice actually. A little pricey but thats to be expected. Do what we do, get a big ass place and share with your friends. :loco:

Bear

Sorry guys but The Granada treated me like a piece of shit this year so I have every right to say what I did. I stayed there for PP3 and PP5 and loved it! But after the fiasco this year I will never stay there even if they give me a free room. Headliners and bands don't matter to me as they are walking around the venue anyway. Plus my hotel has a pool and amenities that The Granada lacks. I know a lot of people that feel the same way I do.

you tell em Q!!!!!! :)
i think you will be fine this year...especially with me in your room kicking your ass daily...lol

I just cancelled the room if anyone is interested, and the rate is $119 per night. Also, if anyone is interested in sleeping on the floor in my room and splitting the rate 3 ways, let me know. I currently have myself and 1 other guy (my friend Justin) sleeping in the room Thurs., Fri, and Sat.

$89 per night at the Marriott - taking advantage of the friends and family rate. Mmmm...

While Best Westerns in Germany are some of the nicest little hotels one can ask for, the ones in the US (in my experience) are slums. I know the Granada is a bit different, possibly a bit better, but I don't believe I ever want to stay there.

Mephistopheles said:
I pay like $80 at the friggin Residence Inn every year and it's really nice and a 2 minute walk to the venue. Am I getting a deal or is the Residence just really over looked for some reason (although it does seem to be getting more props this year)

Hell yeah bro - this will be third year in a row me and my two buddies do the residence inn - nice and close and love that free breakfast bar!!!

Is the breakfast bar worth getting up early for? What do they have?

Typically, a hotel's 'free Continental breakfast' consists of some pre-packaged pastries, coffee, and if you're very lucky, decent orange juice. I pitied the continent in question. :D

It really depends. Some are really barebones like that, and some actually have real stuff. Just depends on where you are and what hotel it is I guess.

I also have to say that although I know some people have had issues with the Grenada, yippee38 and I have nothing but great things to say. They've always been great to us and we've stayed there since our first PP and will continue to stay there as long as we can :)