Granada claims it is renovating, but not closing

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Once I noticed the post about rooms, I read no farther and simply called The Granada. The woman I talked to on the phone, reserved my room and assured they are not closing it down, only renovating it a section at a time. I have a nice suite at The Best Western Granada.

Bryant

Once I noticed the post about rooms, I read no farther and simply called The Granada. The woman I talked to on the phone, reserved my room and assured they are not closing it down, only renovating it a section at a time. I have a nice suite at The Best Western Granada.

Bryant
I was talking to the front desk staff while we were there and they did tell me that they were going to remain open through the renovations. SO that part I can confirm as well. However, we still don't know what is going to happen to the prices. If they let them go cheap right now, I have a feeling that those will be easier to "lose."

And yes, good luck with that!

I just bypassed the front desk and spoke directly with the manager at the Granada and was told that yes, the Granada will be open during the renovation. However, the rates and number of rooms available are not yet known. He said to call back in about 4 weeks, and that they expect to know the scope at that time. So, it looks like the Granada may still be a possibility for some. I'll note that the manager said that the new Granada would be a "boutique" hotel. That probably = expensive.

Good luck!

-j

The Granada has always treated me good. However, the prices will go *up* after the renovations are complete and I cannot get a guarantee on my rooms now. The number of double rooms will go down. The size of the regular rooms will go down as well. I cannot tolerate any of those conditions when booking multiple rooms for bands.

Understand completely. Being semi-local, driving my own vehicle and most importantly being familiar with Atlanta really gives me an advantage of not having to go into panic mode if the room falls through. You know they would just lock the doors at Center Stage with no Bryant there. >:p~ I ALWAYS have a back-up plan.

Bryant

The Granada has always treated me good. However, the prices will go *up* after the renovations are complete and I cannot get a guarantee on my rooms now. The number of double rooms will go down. The size of the regular rooms will go down as well. I cannot tolerate any of those conditions when booking multiple rooms for bands.