Hope the Granada isn't overbooked.....

grogg

Sep 9, 2007
South Carolina
Got on priceline last night and wound up booking a room at the Granada. I wasn't expecting any rooms to be available. Sounds great since it will be closer to the venue than I was originally at (Marriott Courtyard) and I even confirmed with them last night via phone. Just hope it isn't overbooked and I'm going to get screwed, which has happened before elsewhere.....

Be prepared for anything. I've heard lots of people on the forum say the Granada was overbooking in case people bailed last minute. So just to be on the safe side you may want to have a backup plan. From what I understand, until you are standing in your room, nothing is guaranteed.

On the other hand, people do bail at the last minute due to last minute combining of rooms, or sudden realization they won't be able to come.

I've found that in January you can't find anything anywhere, but it seems like every hotel has a room a few days before the event.

Well, I called the Granada just now and he was "no, no, we're not overbooked. we have your room reserved for you"...........we'll see.

5 years ago they said we had a room until we showed up and then we ended up being sent across the way to another hotel about a mile away. As said above, when they give you a key you can be relaxed that you have a room.

Well, since the Inn at the Peachtrees is the same brand, hopefully that's where everyone will get bumped to so you can at least take advantage of the shuttle. Though the much better situation would be if there was no overbooking of course.

few years back, they just gave out our room to refugees and never even called us

I'm not sure if they really had trouble with over booking, but I was pretty miffed at the Granada earlier today.

When I booked the room I knew we would arrive morning to mid-day Thursday, so I booked the room for Wednesday through Sunday. I also called three times this year to confirm that they still had our reservation (twice I was given new confirmation numbers than the original so I was glad I called) and that they knew we would be arriving on Thursday before the 3 PM check-in time, so that's why I was paying them for Wednesday.

I called today and was told that our reservation had been canceled. What?! :zombie: If I had the ability to leap through the phone and strangle the woman on the other end of the line, I probably would have. It's a good thing I didn't though because she actually ended up very helpful. I explained the situation to her honestly and as calmly as I could but it was pretty obvious to tell I was angry. She made some calls and reinstated our reservation, and to make things even nicer, we didn't have to pay for Wednesday, but our room was ready right away when got here at noon. So a mess up because apparently there corporate confirmation system and front desk system are not on the same network/system/whatever, but it was promptly fixed.

Still my advice when booking with the Granada: Document your shit and kepp on top of them. :lol: