The Granada is no longer the Granada

byarosh

New Metal Member
Mar 27, 2009
I was in Atlanta on business this week and decided to stay at the Granada. Having stayed their many years for the ProgPower shows, I was quite taken back with all the new changes.

First, it is now called the Artmore Hotel (http://www.artmorehotel.com)

The layout of the lobby is completely changed. Has an Art Deco look. Most of the artwork in the lobby and rooms are Movie or Music related. Rooms were re-done and a lot nicer than before. The beds and linins were all upgraded. My room also included a Plasma TV, iPod docking station and Wi-Fi access (it was slow in my room because I was far from the access point).

The hotel now has a Bar next to reception! Happy hour drink specials.

100% no smoking rooms. If you get a Non-Smoking room, you have to sign a waver when you check-in that says you will not smoke. If you do, they will charge you $150 room cleaning fee. Fair warning.

Breakfast in the morning was included in the room charge. Simple continental style. I can't remember if that was offered in previous years (As I usually slept in after being up until 2AM for the show).

The Courtyard was still under construction but it looks like it is going to be really nice when it is done.

All in all, I was very impressed with the upgrades. I was charged $116 a night for the room (Suite with king bed). My reservation for ProgPower is Standard room with a king bed at $150. Either way, the increase in price is understandable with all the upgrades. AND IT HAS A BAR!!!

Hm... People who made reservations before the changeover might want to confirm them. It's coming up with availabilities for PP and I thought it was booked.

Damn we be high stylin!!!! They better not raise the rates I was given, I still need to double check on that though....

Bear

Hm... People who made reservations before the changeover might want to confirm them. It's coming up with availabilities for PP and I thought it was booked.

I just called to confirm my reservation.and it's fine. The receptionist said that they are completely booked for PPUSA.

Odd. I just placed a reservation through their site. Guess I'll see if it pans out, and if not, I still have a room at the Super 8.