Who is staying at the Granada?

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Just curious how many were able to snag a room at The Granada. It's the only hotel I've stayed in going to Progpower. My only complaint is no pool. I'd be interested in hearing some cool stories about staying there as well as the other hotels in the area. My best story is going down on Saturday morning of PPP3 to grab the all you can eat make your own waffles. I was making mine next to Kiko of Angra. Then I sit down and proceed to eat and in walks Kai Hansen and Tobias Sammett! The rest of Gamma Ray, Edguy, Blind Guardian, and Angra proceeded to fill the room. All I could do was make stupid "hey" comments between bites of food. I mean, what do you say when you are so overwhelmed with your idols?

Is that one of the two story rooms? They gave that to me at PP3 for the price of a regular because I waited two hours for check in. I think it was 336 actually.

I am at the hampton this year. I was in the fairfield last year. I remember sounding silly talking to secret sphere members. We both really didn't understand each other and just kept smiling, probably thinking- I have no clue what the hell he is saying:cool:

Dave and I will be at the Granada too. We were at the Resident's Inn last year, but came over to the Granada for the SymX fan brunch with the band. We had to wait in the courtyard for a little while and I was uh...kinda laying down because I was just a little tiny bit hungover. I felt someone standing next to me and when I blearily opened my eyes, it was Russell Allen stepping out for a smoke. He was looking at me with a funny smirk on his face. I just said something inane like "I don't look hungover do I?" and we laughed.

I can't wait to stay there this year with so many of the bands.

Oh, btw, I'm a mom and I've loved metal for over 20 years! Metal Parents Rule!:headbang:

Greg and I will be staying at the Granada again this year. We'll be arriving Wednesday and leaving Monday. We learned by experience last year that us old folks need an extra day before to rest up and and an extra day after to recover. HAHA!
I had a similar experience, Anne, only it was Corey Brown who said, "Glad to see you made it back from the preparty OK last night." Greg and I were so embarrassed because we didn;t remember seeing him at the preparty...talk about wanting to crawl in a hole and die! And that's another of the reasons we are there for an extra day before and after this year!
It was cool to eat breakfast across the table from Michael of Evergrey last year. I still laugh when I remember him raving over those FOCKING PONCAKES WITH ALL THAT BOTTER!
Cindy

HA HA , Cindy, that's part of the beauty of Prog Power....must we behave? I think NOT! I enjoyed meeting you ever so much and will enjoy it again this year. No shame....minimul pain LOL!:hotjump:

Party on............Rock on !!! my metal friends of all ages!!!:headbang:

Been staying at the Fairfield since PP3, and last year got pretty chummy with the guys from Pagan's Mind 'cause we passed them hanging out outside their rooms before the show. Stayed at the Granada at PP2 but switched 'cause there were too many issues with room screwups that year. Its cool to see the big bands at the Granada but we always come over to the Granada for the parties after the show anyway. Your room only really affects where you sleep :cool:

-Matt

I'm at the Fairfield. I reallly wanted to get the same HUGE two-bedroom suite we had last year -- two full baths, full kitchen, entry parlor, full-sized fridge, and we were the very first occupants of the remodelled suite EVER -- but I barely missed on getting one. So, my ever-changing posse of compadres (from as close as Atlanta and, possibly, as far as fookin' Finland) will have to get by with only one separate bedroom, plus the full fridge, parlor, etc.

I remember the lobby became an impromptu party after each night. "Can ANYONE wake up that guy from Pagan's Mind?" :D