How was I able to get reservations at the Granada?

EDVANTASIA

Mar 24, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
When Iced Earth were announced for ProgPower, I immediately went to expedia to find a room. To my surprise I got the Best Western Granada? How are there rooms still available? This place is always the first to book? Am I just lucky or is something sinister afoot?

When we were in town for Amon Amarth back in November, we stopped by there and asked one of the managers directly about that again-- he gave the same answer, that they were renovating in waves, so they planned to stay open.

We still have reservations elsewhere, however...

I booked a room at The Inn at the Peachtrees and I wrote down my confirmation number, but not the hotel's phone number. Could someone please tell me the phone number. I googled it and holy fuck everything is Peachtree down there!LOL! I just want to make sure I have the right place. Also, this is the hotel with the free Progpower shuttle right? Thank you.

This does make me want to consider booking a "back-up reservation" at the Granada (along with my current reservation at the Techwood), in hopes that maybe I'll be able to walk to the venue again this year - a much more preferable arrangement IMO, if it is an option.

I can't believe I was able to get a two queen bed room at the Granada for Sept. 25, 26, 27 for $134.10 with my AAA discount. I want to let everyone know to give them a shot if you can. That's an excellent rate! I made sure to ask about the renovations and the guy told me, "It will be no problem to you at all."

I booked a room at The Inn at the Peachtrees and I wrote down my confirmation number, but not the hotel's phone number. Could someone please tell me the phone number. I googled it and holy fuck everything is Peachtree down there!LOL! I just want to make sure I have the right place. Also, this is the hotel with the free Progpower shuttle right? Thank you.

404-577-6970 is the number. It's also a Best Western, so you can look them up at BestWestern.com.

For everyone that is booking at the Granada, I really suggest using it only as a back-up reservation, or having a back-up reservation. Renovations are fun things for hotels, but not for conventions that don't have room blocks confirmed. If they don't have the room, or someone stays over their estimated visit, you run the risk of getting booted. We go through it every year with the RI (and they haven't been renovating). Hotels always over book, in the event some people don't show up...especially when they are probably already booked solid this far in advance.

404-577-6970 is the number. It's also a Best Western, so you can look them up at BestWestern.com.

For everyone that is booking at the Granada, I really suggest using it only as a back-up reservation, or having a back-up reservation. Renovations are fun things for hotels, but not for conventions that don't have room blocks confirmed. If they don't have the room, or someone stays over their estimated visit, you run the risk of getting booted. We go through it every year with the RI (and they haven't been renovating). Hotels always over book, in the event some people don't show up...especially when they are probably already booked solid this far in advance.
Thank you and yes, I'm holding both reservations for as long as possible just in case.