News and other vegetables

Submasq

Room 63
Dec 19, 2004
www.submasq.com
Hello everyone!!!

WELCOME to the official Subterranean Masquerade forum, thanks Deron for the awesome design :headbang:

So what's new?

We have a new web site www.submasq.com with lots of cool stuff including downloads, merchandise store and more… check the site from time to time, this is the best source of information and will get up-dated often with events and news concerning the "Suspended Animation Dreams" campaign. Thanks Paul for the great design and all the hard work!

"Suspended Animation Dreams" is just about the get released (next Tuesday dammit!!!) and getting amazing feedback so far, Thanks to all the magazines, reviewers, and you for all the continuous support in this project, the respond is really exciting and just prove (for me at list) that the risk was worth taking!

As for live touring, I just recently moved to Brooklyn and currently looking for a touring band, anyone from this area thinking he can handle the musical mess feel free to write me. I will keep you guys posted with how this story develops. You should also know that I'm a little busy writing new material for the closing chapter of the X trilogy and happy to say that it shaping out to be something really special… I wouldn’t be able to write the same record again, but that’s kinda obvious right? :Spin:

Well, that’s it for now, I hope that many of you will go hunt for the disc on Tuesday and use this new forum wisely, post about anything you have in mind as long as its in good taste …

Love you all!
Tomer / SUBMASQ

Paul, Your site designs are very good, what college did you go to? I just completed my first year of Multi Media Design at Humber College, How long have you been doing this? and what did you use create the Navigation? Fireworks? I've used it, but but my buttons never come out as good. I use CSS whenever I create buttons, but those work very well with the design.

Thanks,

ND, and Sub Masq Rule!

Highway Corsair said:
Paul, Your site designs are very good, what college did you go to? I just completed my first year of Multi Media Design at Humber College, How long have you been doing this? and what did you use create the Navigation? Fireworks? I've used it, but but my buttons never come out as good. I use CSS whenever I create buttons, but those work very well with the design.

Thanks,

ND, and Sub Masq Rule!

Web Design was not even thought of when I was in College. I was in college almost 15 years ago, so the internet was pretty new. I took Photo Offset in school, and it was geared for a professional print shop career. Even my Design and Desktop publishing classes were Pagemaker 4.0 and the school didn't even teach Quark yet. So, to answer your question, i'm self taught. I use Adobe GoLive for building the site now, and the buttons are created with a plugin for GoLive called MenuMachine. It's pretty cheap to buy, and has saved me tons of time.

I like a more simple website. I've designed entire sites in Flash, and I don't like them. Simple, to the point, and easy to navigate.

I'm definitely loving the artwork/design. On the website it says you can order the new CD and get a signed poster. Does this come with the pre-orders from The End's webstore? If not then I may need to order myself another copy. It sounds like the pre-order CDs were shipped out yesterday, so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

He Who Dwellest in the Night said:
I'm definitely loving the artwork/design. On the website it says you can order the new CD and get a signed poster. Does this come with the pre-orders from The End's webstore? If not then I may need to order myself another copy. It sounds like the pre-order CDs were shipped out yesterday, so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

Tomer can answer this better then I can, but I Think this is a website exclusive. There is an issue with our Paypal ording account we are working out, so the merch section will be online and working in a few days!

BenMech said:
I'm still looking forward to the new cd Tomer.

Nice Website design Paul, and nice to have a SubMasq forum Deron.

So, is this S.A.D. lineup stable or will there be a new batch of nutsos on the third part of the trilogy?

Only Tomer can answer this. The line-up is whoever fits his vision at the time. I'd like to return to finish the trilogy, but time will tell!

Just got my copy today from The End. I love some of the artwork, particularly the on-CD art and the TV image behind the CD. I've only listened to it twice so far and your music has typically taken more listens to digest, so I can't accurately evaluate it. I'm definitely liking what I'm hearing, though. The 'Preacher' is an early favorite. A poster came with my order, but it was not signed (not a problem, just an answer to my past question). I don't know if you've already designed shirts, but if you haven't then the on-CD image would be incredible.

hey
the signed poster is exclusive for our web site, we should have our paypal ordering system running shortly, hope that you enjoy the disc :)
tomer

BenMech
i'm not sure what will be the line up for the next album yet, there will be of course some new faces but i would love to keep on making music with Paul and others who with me from the start

Nice new site!

I don't exactly recall how I first encountered SM, but what I do remember is that I was completely flabbergasted by your Temporary Psychotic State EP. I ordered it as soon as I could, but it still hasn't arrived, hmhm. Pre-ordered Suspended Animation Dreams right after it, should arrive this week, I'm very excited 'cause I've only heard the song Six Strings to Cover Fear. And if the rest of the album matches up to this song, I'm very sure about SAD entering my top 10 list of albums for the year 2005 at a fairly high position. :)

Nice to see an SM-forum btw!

Hieronimus said:
Nice new site!

I don't exactly recall how I first encountered SM, but what I do remember is that I was completely flabbergasted by your Temporary Psychotic State EP. I ordered it as soon as I could, but it still hasn't arrived, hmhm. Pre-ordered Suspended Animation Dreams right after it, should arrive this week, I'm very excited 'cause I've only heard the song Six Strings to Cover Fear. And if the rest of the album matches up to this song, I'm very sure about SAD entering my top 10 list of albums for the year 2005 at a fairly high position. :)

Nice to see an SM-forum btw!

thanks for all the nice words! "Temporary Psychotic State" is out of print at THE END RECORDS but we should have a few copies in soon to sell via our web site for $9 + shipping
let us know how did you liked the album :Spin:

tomer

I ordered the EP via Dis-order.com, but they're a bit slow atm, so it seems...
Received the album today and I must say it lives up to my expectations, nice job! Didn't listen to it as intensive as I'd like too, but you'll soon hear more from me, after I've given it a few more spins. :)