News Flash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see Joey being relavent in 2005 in Anthrax.
:lol::lol::lol:

Haaaaa..... I love old threads, just for the irony!

And that picture.... :ill:....:yuk:
There's a reason Joey's not the bald one. That is it. Even his crazy hair is better than that.

Great!:kickass: One major thing I miss about the Belladonna era is the song writing. Bush has a great voice but a lot of the songs just didn't work for me. SOWN is great but the last three kind of stalled a bit as far as having a complete work of asskicking songs!

see I feel the complete opposite.... Stomp, Vol 8, and WCFYA I love an identify with more. not just because of John's voice, but because of songwriting. That's why while it sucks that John isn't back I am way, way more pumped for a new album with this new guy, then a lame rehashing of the cheeseball stuff of the past with Joey.

I don't think it would sound like the "lame cheeseball stuff" if Joey was there, anyway-- Scott and Charlie are the main songwriters, after all. And I don't think they'll ever fully go back to that style.

And for the record, the only UBER cheesy one was Among the Living. But it still owns in it's own peculiar way... to me, anyway. Spreading the Disease and Persistence of Time are full of non-cheesy win. (Plus Spreading the Disease is basically old-school power/speed metal bookended by two thrashers. I love that style. ...Kinda wish they did more with it; it would've been interesting. And Joey's voice would've fit it WAY more anyway.)

see I feel the complete opposite.... Stomp, Vol 8, and WCFYA I love an identify with more. not just because of John's voice, but because of songwriting. That's why while it sucks that John isn't back I am way, way more pumped for a new album with this new guy, then a lame rehashing of the cheeseball stuff of the past with Joey.

Cheeseball? If it were not for the "Cheeseball" stuff Anthrax would not be around! I'll have to disagree with you on your statement.:Smug: Anthrax had a unique sound back then but know it has become more hard rock and less groove. I am pumped about the new cd also I just hope they get more groove oriented as they were in the past.:headbang:

Definitely not very cheeseball.

Well, ok, their stage show during ATL (Plus some of the themes/lyrics) was BEEEEYYYOOOOND cheesy, and Joey's headdress thing made me *facepalm*, but besides that... :p

And if anything they were more groove oriented AFTER they gave Joey the boot. I mean, there were groovy parts in the mosh sections, but there are some recent songs, like inside out, that are Pantera-level groovy.