News from Mustaine, he's back with Chris!

Vic Rattlehead

Bonded By Blood
Jun 15, 2003
Chicago
Visit site
New Year updates
Well, it's been a while. And there has been a lot that has happened since last year.

First off, there is a huge campaign ahead for 2004 and rather than confirm things that are verbal until they materialize, I wanted to wait until the first stage of this project had started and I had something to report that was completed.

I have been in the studio since January 5th, 2004, remixing "Peace Sells, But Who's Buying," as part of a re-release campaign that Capitol Records is planning for this year. In two weeks, once the studio is finished with overdubs for what I am currently working on, I will start on "So Far, So Good, So What."

"Peace Sells" was finished last Friday, January 10th, 2004, and is now being shipped off for Mastering. This is the first of the entire Megadeth catalogue to be remixed for Capitol Records. The previous 5.1 surround sound re-release was not remixed, although I wanted it done prior to the record being put into 5.1 format. Unfortunately, DTS, the company that financed the project had limited funds and could not afford a remix, as well as mixing the record into 5.1 surround sound.

Other Releases
Capitol also intends on re-releasing the MD.45 record featuring Lee Ving on vocals from the punk rock band Fear.

I am also working on other material that everyone seems to know about, so I will confirm this:

1) Yes, I am in the studio working on Megadeth material old and new.
2) Yes, I did contact previous Megadeth band members Marty Friedman, Nick Menza, and David Ellefson about making a new record.
3) I was unable to accommodate Friedman and Ellefson, and sadly Nick, who was the most gracious and ready to rock, will not be playing on this new record I am doing.
4) Any talk of a reunion is wishful thinking.

There was a book deal offered to me by Sanctuary three years ago to put all of my lyrics from Megadeth into a book and to describe them. I completed that last year and submitted it to Sanctuary this year for editing and eventual release.

New Megadeth Record
I started last year in October working on a new record and was unsure if it was going to be a Megadeth record or the first record of my career-post Megadeth.

But there was too much good music that was written during the Megadeth era that was left incomplete and unreleased that I had written and I decided to assemble that music first. It is frikkin' heavy and most people that have been around are surprised it was never released.

Regardless of being unable to come to an agreement with the RIP line-up, I am excited to say that Chris Poland is in the studio with me in Arizona, working on this new record. Vinnie Colaiuta and Jimmy Sloas played drums and bass with me on this record and I should be done somewhere around the end of March. Don't worry, they rip!

I have heard the rumors and I don't pay them any mind; I know that the people who are saying they are "insiders" or have "inside info" are talking out their asses, and that some of them have been right by way of "a guess," but that's it. If these people say they are friends of mine and are disclosing private information about me, then I can tell you they are not considered a friend by me.

Appearances
I will be at NAMM Saturday, January 17th, with my new ESP DV8s and LTD DV8Rs and I expect I will meet some of you there.

Some kind of bullshit
I am aware of the Metallica movie; I noticed how much footage they used and to whom it benefited, too. "This is about relationships," huh? Yeah, right.

Pillar
I did go to Knoxville, Tennessee, to write a song and play with the band Pillar. Not because of their faith, but because they are a good band. But since this is a Megadeth site and that is not related to anything Megadeth, you can look for info on my trip at the Pillar site or on DaveMustaine.com.

Life Changes
Yes, my life has changed and what was once just saying what my religious beliefs were with my lips, I know have acknowledged in my heart. Again, this will be discussed at my personal site. My personal beliefs are not going to be pushed on anyone and if you don't like it, go somewhere else.

Arm Injury
My arm got injured when I fell asleep on it January 7th, 2002, not from the false reports that state anything to the contrary, and I was told that I would not gain full use of my arm ever again; that I would be lucky if I even got 80%.

Well, through a lot of physical therapy, and a lot of the prayer that everyone seems to be mocking me for, I am completely healed and playing better than before I got hurt, because I had to relearn to play.

In closing
I will tell you more as it arises, or you can go to the gossip sites and get yer info from the liars and the pukes that have nothing good to say about anyone.

Gossips; even the name hisses. Kinda like the words "assholes," or "pussies," huh?

Mustaine sez,

Goodbye Droogies!
Way to make me sound like an ass when I was talking about Christ the other day there Dave :loco: :lol:

I'm dissapointed that David is not there on bass. Sure he might not play like Steve Harris, but he was always there and is still a damn good bassist.

Anyway I figured I would post this here for anyone interested.

He fell asleep on his arm and the doctors told him he would probably enevr gain full use of it again??????? I've never ever heard of something like that happening and somehow I doubt I ever will again. Hell I've fallen asleep on my arm plenty of times, and it still works fine. :confused:

That was posted on Megadeth.com.

Originally Posted by Dave Mustaine:
Regardless of being unable to come to an agreement with the RIP line-up, I am excited to say that Chris Poland is in the studio with me in Arizona, working on this new record. Vinnie Colaiuta and Jimmy Sloas played drums and bass with me on this record and I should be done somewhere around the end of March. Don't worry, they rip!

Ok, Good....He got Poland back. Step in the right direction.
Dave must have told Nick no drinks. Dave always had a problem with
that. I remember back when Mega toured for Youthenasia and they
were in the bay area, Nick came into a local bar (TOONS) by himself
and drank some and basically said that Dave reaaaalllyy doesnt like that.
It's really too bad, he's just too awesome on Drums.

Nick: Sorry Dave, I'm not going to quit drinking. I like to drink. I don't have
a drinking problem.

Dave: Nick, God doesn't agree to those terms. He says you must stop
drinking and come pray with me. That is Gods calling.

Nick: Dave, God can lick my left nut. I'm not gonna stop drinking and
I'm sure as hell not going to pray with you...ever.

Dave: God is mad. Apologize to God. God is not gay. God does not lick
nuts. Tell God you're sorry. Tell him! Say Sorry, Say you didnt
mean you wanted him to lick your left nut.

Nick: God's a fag! God's a fag! God humps goats! God humps Moses!
God licks nuts from sun-up to sun-down! SLURP! SLURP! SLURP!
Yummy Yummy Nuts!

Dave: Stop It Nick!!!! Shut up Nick!!! Stop!! Stop Now!!

Nick: Nuts! Balls! God Licks Em All!!

Dave: Stop it! That's not funny!

Nick: Dave, go smoke a few bags of crank and drink a gallon of vodka
and do a few pounds of blow and then call me back and we'll make
the best Megadeth record the world has ever seen. And for god sakes,
if Marty comes back, tell him to leave his japanese toys and dolls at home.
I've tripped over that shit in the studio too many times!
If I fuck up one of my ankles because I've tripped over that shit I SWEAR TO
GOD I'm going to take that curly hair and tie it around his head like a noose
and strangle his J-Pop lovin ass. I fucking hate it when he calls me Nick-san.

Dave: God doesn't like it when you swear Nick. Hey, You should come over
next week and we can read the bible with my Pastor. Jesus can save you
too Nick!

Nick: <CLICK> phone hangs up...

Can you imagine? Yikes!
Bummer about Nick, I'm surprised Dave didnt get Newsted. Dave knew
about Newsteds departure from Metallica for 2 years he's so in the know
and Jason's playing with everyone from the kids at the elementary school
talent show in Marin to Ozzy in America and Voivod outside of America.
"Will play bass for beer money" Who the bloody hell are Jimmy Penis
Colada and Vic Shoals for foot odor that Dave was talking about?

OFFICER FRIENDLY

OfficerNice said:
Can you imagine? Yikes!
Bummer about Nick, I'm surprised Dave didnt get Newsted. Dave knew
about Newsteds departure from Metallica for 2 years he's so in the know
and Jason's playing with everyone from the kids at the elementary school
talent show in Marin to Ozzy in America and Voivod outside of America.
"Will play bass for beer money" Who the bloody hell are Jimmy Penis
Colada and Vic Shoals for foot odor that Dave was talking about?

OFFICER FRIENDLY

Hey Officer... I know you like Megadeth probably as much as me but I don't think you should make fun of Dave like that! I'm pretty shure he hooked up with those guys because he thought it was for the best... Who knows... maybe they'll be better than the others! After all, there once was a time when you asked... Nick Who??? Talent is everywhere... it just needs exposure!!! Maybe those guys will pull a nick menza and become a very solid line-up.... or maybe they'll be baggie pants wearing faggots ... who knows! ...DAVE DOES!

Thanks for the interesting article Vic. Hey, if music were my life and my arm was fucked up, I would turn to the higher powers also. I'm sure that is what Chuck did although he must've meditated to a different god? I don't know....I don't think that anyone should push off their beliefs onto anyone. It's a dead end road anyway. If you expect things from people, you will always be disappointed. I like his attitude, if you don't like what I say, then don't go there. That is always such a healthy attitude. Glad to hear that his arm is healed.

OfficerNice said:
Megadeth's pretty cool in my OFFICER NICE book.
You dont think I should make fun of them?
Why? It's not like Dave has Cancer or AIDS....
Are you related to one of those guys?
I'm not disrespecting anything because I'm mocking them.
Seriously....

OFFICER FRIENDLY

Yeah...sorry I always get a little touchy when it comes to my childhood heroes....

List of those heroes :
Testament
Annihilator
Megadeth
maiden...

Last thing I read about Mustaine was that he was playing guitar for some Christian Rock band.Mustaine sucks and I dont want to hear nemore shitty music from him.

AgentsofBrutality said:
Last thing I read about Mustaine was that he was playing guitar for some Christian Rock band.Mustaine sucks and I dont want to hear nemore shitty music from him.
Everything you post is so negative...........its the 15th so go get your welfare check, drink a 40 oz............and go home to your 280 lb. linebacker girlfriend, the one thats missing her front tooth........shes got a TV dinner waiting for you back at the trailer park.........you can relate to that?...........Can't you ....You lowlife!

Hey Deadly Embrace,u think your cool with your stupid insults?? Are u mad because Im saying that Dave Mustard is a fuckin joke?? Everything after RIP sucks when it comes to Megadeth.Its time for him to retire.Also,what makes me any different from u?? GO FUCKIN DIE!!!!

AgentsofBrutality said:
Hey Deadly Embrace,u think your cool with your stupid insults?? Are u mad because Im saying that Dave Mustard is a fuckin joke?? Everything after RIP sucks when it comes to Megadeth.Its time for him to retire.Also,what makes me any different from u?? GO FUCKIN DIE!!!!
Not at all FUCK FACE............I don't like the way you come on this board & treat Testament!.......you lie......you say your not coming back & post(& still do).........talk shit about my band. I could care less what you say about Dave & Megadeth........this is'nt a Megadeth board........you show Testament no respect........or their fans......or regular Testament board members.........I do know this........nobody listens to you or respects you......thats the bottom line.......Hows your Face?..............Fucked aint' it!

AgentsofBrutality said:
Here is another guy who analyzes metal, relative to "the parameters of a small box." Mustaine, despite his drug problems, is a living legend with "Risk" being his only true career mistake.

i'm not really a fan of remasters. i got the killing is my business remaster because the sound on the original sucked balls and the remaster was totally worth it. but the other discs sounded fine to my ears.

as far as new deth goes, i'm not going to hold my breath for some good tunes out of dave. i gave "the world needs a hero" a chance, and it didn't really cut it for me. i mean, watch the video for "in my darkest hour" and then watch the video for "moto psycho" and you'll want to cry. they went from making really serious heavy metal to real lightweight pop. if dave could be honest with himself and say that he should hang up megadeth once, maybe he should do it again. those first couple of albums will impress me always. here's to hoping for good things from mustaine.