newsletter June 9, 2005 - Into Eternity, Jag Panzer Conquer Mexico

Marlies

veteran headbanger \m/
Jan 3, 2002
Regina, SK, Canada
www.wobben.org
Century Media pressrelease:
Having performed in over 20 countries across North America and Europe supporting their album "Buried In Oblivion", Canadian progressive death metal band Into Eternity just added a new country to their resume, Mexico. Guitarist/growler Tim Roth returned from the Monterrey Metal Fest last week with the highest praise: “The festival was a complete success. We went on at 1:35pm on Saturday to thousands of fans. The crowd seemed hungry for metal. "Spiraling Into Depression" went over the best from our set and after the show we met a lot of fans and signed everything that they had.”

Jag Panzer guitarist Mark Briody, whose band headlined the second stage concurred: “I had high expectations for our first appearance in Mexico. I expected a festival attended by hordes of crazed metal fans; my expectations were exceeded, and then exceeded again and again. There were 2 stages and they were a good distance apart, and to watch the whole crowd move from stage to stage was incredible. I noticed something unusual from the stage during the first chorus of the song: I’d see about one-fourth of the crowd singing along. By the next chorus , about half the crowd was singing, and by the end the whole crowd was singing. It was great to see people who were unfamiliar with the song learn it on the spot and participate. Sign me up for any more shows in Mexico. Mexico RULES!”

Into Eternity began their North American tour yesterday with the first of 7 headlining shows:
06/08 QC Live - Davenport, IA
06/09 The Arena - East Dubuque, IL
06/10 Hairy Mary - Des Moines, IA
06/11 Elbo’s - Dayton, OH (Dwell In Darkness Fest w/ Bobaflex, Dog Fashion Disco, All Shall Perish)
06/12 J.J. Kelley’s - Chicago Heights, IL
06/15 Jester’s Pub - Fayetteville, NC

After these dates the band will be touring with Hate Eternal, Krisiun, Incantation, and All Shall Perish (tourpage). Visit the www.KNAC.com webpage here, to enter to win two free tickets to one of the following dates. Into Eternity will also tour North America with Hammerfall and Edguy, and then again with Stratovarius.