Next song for SyX to remake?

dynamh

New Metal Member
Aug 18, 2007
I've been imagining how cool it would be for SyX to remake "A Lesson Before Dying" from their first album. With Russel on vox, and with several years of practice and experience gained by the band since the album was first released, this song could finally get the treatment it deserves! (Maybe some of the cheesy lyrics could be fixed as well!) Does anyone else agree? Horus, you with me? ;-)

I'm still holding out for the day they remake the whole first album. I realize at this point in their career, they need to work on new material, and touring like hell, but... oh man, the Masquerade remake is probably my favorite SX song. Debut albums always have such potential, unfortunately they didn't have the production quality or the singer to realize it for them - but the potential is still there for one hell of an album.

(Sorry if this sounds scattered and unorganized, it's 5 am, haha)

I'm all for moving forward, instead of back...

Thank you.

No offense for people who love the s/t...but the music really ISN'T that great. Yeah, it's still SX, and yeah, it still has its moments. But I refuse to believe that anybody besides DIEHARD fans (if even them) would be anything but underwhelmed with a re-recorded first album.

Believe it or not there was a time when the band was talking about remaking the s/t album. There were even threads here discussing it as well. In the end I think the band just decided against it (it may have been for some other reason but I have forgotten so nobody flame me).

Even back when they were planning to remake the first album I had always thought it would be much better to remake "The Damnation Game". I have always felt that TDG is some of the best SyX music to date; however, other than the s/t album it has the worst recording/production value of all. Everytime I hear a song from TDG I have to turn the volume up to max just to be able to hear it well, even still the quality is very lackluster. All of the songs are great, especially "The Edge of Forever", "Whispers", and "Winter's Dream (parts 1 and 2)". I feel that TDG is the most versatile and well rounded SyX album to date, and whenever I hear a song from it I nod my head in disappointment that it will probably never get the quality recording it so much deserves.

Definitely just make a totally sick song that begins with that sick lick from the beginning of Taunting the Notorious.